How to Reset Master Password in Mozilla Firefox?
Mozilla Firefox allows you to set a Master password to protect your locally stored usernames, passwords and certificates. Its an extra security mechanism and can protect your sensitive data.
But what will you do if you forget the master password? In that case, following simple steps will help you in resetting it. But remember resetting master password will also remove all locally saved usernames, passwords and certificates.
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and enter following URL in addressbar:
2. It'll show you a page with a warning that all stored data will be removed and "Reset" button at bottom.
3. Click on "Reset" button and it'll immediately reset the master password.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Folder Merge Conflict Message in Windows 8 and Later?
- How to Fix Spybot Search & Destroy Alert Dialog Box Overlapping Problem?
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Settings in Internet Explorer Options Window?
- Set Explorer View as Default for My Computer and Other Folder Windows in Windows XP
- List of Freeware to Get Windows 7 Aero Snap, Aero Shake and Aero Peek Features in Windows XP and Vista
- Microsoft Talks About Windows Explorer Improvements in Windows 8, Addition of Ribbon UI and Up Button