How to Replace PowerShell Shortcut with Command Prompt in “Win+X” Menu of Windows 8.1?
Here is another small tip for Windows 8.1 users! As we know Microsoft has added power options in Windows 8.1's "Win+X" menu to make Windows users life easier. They have also added shortcut to "Network Connections" in "Win+X" menu which is also a welcomed change.
But Microsoft has changed one more thing in "Win+X" menu of Windows 8.1. They have replaced Command Prompt shortcut with Windows PowerShell which is not a good decision in my opinion.
Command Prompt is widely known by Windows users compared to PowerShell and there are very few users who use PowerShell. That's why many Windows 8.1 users are asking how to restore Command Prompt shortcut in "Win+X" menu of Windows 8.1?
Don't worry! Here is the solution. Microsoft has provided a simple way to replace PowerShell shortcut with Command Prompt shortcut in "Win+X" menu. So if you also want to bring back Command Prompt shortcut in Windows 8.1's "Win+X" menu, check out following steps:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties option.
2. It'll open Taskbar and Navigation properties window.
3. Go to "Navigation" tab and uncheck "Replace Command Prompt with Windows PowerShell in the menu when I right-click the lower-left corner or press Windows key+X" option present in "Corner navigation" section.
4. Apply the changes and it'll immediately replace Windows PowerShell shortcut with Command Prompt in "Win+X" menu.
I hope Microsoft will change the decision and will put Command Prompt shortcut as default in final version of Windows 8.1.
NOTE: If you want to make these changes using Registry Editor, check out following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Review] All About Resource Hacker, The Ultimate Windows Customization Tool
- Official Links to Download “Windows Essentials 2012 (Wave 5)” Full Standalone Offline Installer
- Get Windows 7’s Advanced “Windows Update” in Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Server 2003 and 2008
- Notepad Statusbar Bug Found in All Windows Versions
- Registry Tweak to Force Automatic Restart in Windows 8 After Installing Important Updates
- Thunderbird: Download Free Desktop Email Client from Mozilla