[Fix] How to Remove “Windows has Blocked Some Startup Programs” Notification Message in Windows Vista?
Many times Windows Vista users face an annoying problem. Whenever they start their computer system and log into Windows, they get following error message in form of a balloon popup in system notification area:
Windows has blocked some startup programs
Windows blocks programs that require permission to run when Windows starts. Click to view blocked programs.
If you are also getting this message and want to get rid of it, this tutorial is for you.
Actually it happens when a program or service contains User Account Control (UAC) restrictions and it tries to start automatically in Windows Vista. The built-in anti-malware tool Windows Defender detects the program and its "Software Explorer" component blocks it from running and you get the error message:
To get rid of this notification, you can enable or disable the program or service using following steps:
1. Click on the "Blocked startup programs" icon present in system tray or notification area.
2. To allow the program, click on "Run blocked program" option and click on the program or service in the list.
3. To disallow the program, click on "Show or remove blocked startup programs" option, it'll open "Software Explorer" in "Windows Defender" window. Now locate and select the startup program or service which you disabled recently, click on "Disable" and then click on "Yes" in the confirmation dialog box.
That's it. It'll disable the notification message and you'll never get it again in Windows Vista.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- vNext: Download Windows 8 Metro UI Inspired Rainmeter Skin Suite
- How to Clear Location History of Desktop Background List in Windows Vista and Later
- Reclaim Free Space by Removing Unnecessary Files After Installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2
- Download Free Disc Burning Software from Nero
- [FIX] WinRAR Causes Wide Context Menu Problem in Windows
- Mozilla to Remove Several Unnecessary Options from Firefox Preferences Window