When we install a Beta or RC build of Windows Vista, 7 or Server 2008, or when we install a Beta or RC version of a Service Pack e.g. SP1, SP2, etc, a watermark is shown on Desktop which looks similar to following screenshot:
"Evaluation Copy", "For testing purpose only", "Test Mode", "Safe Mode" or similar text is shown in the watermark on Desktop.
It looks ugly when you use dark wallpapers and becomes irritating sometimes. If you also don't like this watermark and want to get rid of it, here is a great tool to remove this watermark.
"Remove Watermark" is an excellent, small and portable tool created by "deepxw" which can remove watermark from Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 Desktop. It works for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Even it works for all languages and service packs.
You can download it using following link:
Download the ZIP file, extract it and run the correct EXE file for your Windows version. It'll ask for confirmation, press Y to confirm and patch the system file to remove watermark.
64-bit version users will also need to rebuild MUI cache. After patching file, run the tool again and press R to rebuild MUI cache.
PS: You can also manually remove the watermark or customize watermark using following tutorial:
Thanks to our reader stavros for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 “Desktop Background Slide Show” Feature in XP and Vista Using Microsoft Official “Winter Fun Wallpaper Changer” Powertoy
- Microsoft Shows Improved File Name Collisions (Conflicts) Dialog Box in Windows 8
- Windows 8.1 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), General Availability on October 17th, 2013
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Mozilla Thunderbird Window?
- Hidden Secret Trick to Enable / Activate “Aero Glass” in Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme
- Download “Windows 7″ Theme for Sony Ericsson k700, w810 & Other Mobile Phones