How to Remove Useless “Bookmarks” Button from Bookmarks Toolbar in Mozilla Firefox?
NOTE: This topic is all about removing large "Bookmarks" button from "Bookmarks Toolbar". We are not talking about removing tiny Bookmarks button from Navigation Toolbar.
If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, you might have faced this annoying issue. If we don't enable "Bookmarks Toolbar", Firefox shows a "Display your bookmarks" button at the end of standard Navigation Toolbar which contains a few options to help you in showing bookmarks toolbar, bookmark a page, etc.
That's fine but if we enable "Bookmarks Toolbar", the small button gets replaced by a big "Bookmarks" button which is shown at the end of Bookmarks Toolbar as shown in following screenshot:
The button is completely useless IMO. It takes lots of space which causes many bookmarks not showing in bookmarks toolbar and we have to click on the arrow to access those bookmarks. It would be great if we could remove the button from toolbar to get some extra space to show remaining bookmarks items.
If you try to remove that annoying "Bookmarks" button using Customize toolbar window, you'll notice that the button is not shown in Bookmarks toolbar. You'll only see "Bookmarks Toolbar Items" in Bookmarks toolbar and if you remove it from Bookmarks toolbar, none of your bookmarks will be shown in toolbar. It seems the annoying button is tightly coupled with Bookmarks items.
So how to get rid of this useless and annoying "Bookmarks" button from Bookmarks toolbar in Firefox? Here is the solution!
Today this tutorial will help you in removing this sticky "Bookmarks" button from Firefox Bookmarks toolbar:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and right-click on toolbar and select "Customize" option.
2. It'll open Customize Toolbar window. Now you just need to drag the "Bookmarks" button present in Navigation toolbar and drop it in Customize Toolbar window as shown in following screenshot:
3. That's it. Close the window and you'll get rid of the annoying Bookmarks button from Bookmarks toolbar. You might get an arrow at the end of Bookmarks toolbar which seems a bug. Just disable Bookmarks toolbar and enable it again or restart Firefox and it'll fix this bug.
Following screenshot shows the Bookmarks toolbar without Bookmarks button in Firefox:
Actually the Bookmarks button present in Navigation toolbar and Bookmarks toolbar are same but the problem is that even if the button is shown in Bookmarks toolbar, the Customize Toolbar window still shows the button present in Navigation toolbar which confuses users and they can't understand how to remove the button from Bookmarks toolbar?
Did you also face this issue? Did you already know this trick? Please share your experience in your comment...
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows Live Messenger Going to Close on March 15, 2013, Upgrade to Skype Now
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Settings in Internet Explorer Options Window?
- How to Retrieve Forgotten Email Account Password Stored in Your Desktop Email Client?
- [Solution] How to Fix “Orkut.com, YouTube.com and Mozilla Firefox is Banned in Your System” Error in Windows?
- Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks Toolbar Tweaks: Auto-Hide and Multi-Row Toolbar
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP