In Windows, whenever we select an item such as drop-down list, buttons, etc, an annoying focus rectangle is automatically shown around it as shown in following screenshot:
The rectangle is also shown on buttons, etc in dialog boxes. Although its shown to help you in easily find out the control item which is having focus but it doesn't look good and many people want to get rid of it.
Thanks to our friend "localhost" who made a small program to remove the annoying focus rectangle which works in almost every version of Windows.
How to Instructions:
1. First download following ZIP file and extract it:
It seems the official download page is no longer available so we have uploaded the utility at our server for your convenience.
2. You'll get a DLL file "RemoveFocusRectangle.dll" in the extracted folder. Copy this DLL file to C:\Windows\System32 folder. You can directly open this folder by typing system32 in RUN or Start Menu searchbox and press Enter.
3. Now open Command Prompt as Administrator and execute following command:
4. Close Command Prompt and restart Windows and you'll never see the annoying focus rectangle again.
5. If you want to uninstall this patch in future, simply execute following command in Command Prompt:
regsvr32 /u RemoveFocusRectangle.dll
After executing the above command, you can safely delete the DLL file from System32 folder.