How to Remove or Disable “Java Console” Option in Internet Explorer’s View Menu?
A few days back our reader "Armond" contacted us regarding a strange problem related to "Java Console" option in Internet Explorer's View menu:
Recently I decided to remove Java software from my Windows 7 computer because I no longer use it. I tried to remove anything related to it including installation directories and registry keys. But now the problem is: I see a useless "Java console" menu item in Internet Explorer's view menu. I searched the registry for "Java console" and found nothing.
I also disabled all Java console related add-ons in Internet Explorer's add-on manager and even deleted them using CCleaner. I also found MSJava.dll file present in System32 folder and removed it. Still the menu item is present. Seams it's a policy setting or something else.
I also tried to reinstall Java and uncheck "Show Java console" option from its preferences window using Control Panel. After that I uninstalled Java but the menu item came back again.
So how to get rid of this annoying "Java console" option from Internet Explorer?
Sometimes the "Java Console" option is added to View menu in Internet Explorer web browser which can be accessed by pressing ALT key and then go to View menu.
If you are also facing similar problem and want to remove or disable "Java Console" option Internet Explorer's View menu, following simple steps will help you:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, you'll find a DWORD EnableJavaConsole having its value set to 1 or other numbers such as 13, etc.
4. You just need to change its value to 0 or delete the DWORD.
That's it. As soon as you delete the DWORD or change its value to 0, the "Java Console" option will get removed immediately from View menu of Internet Explorer.
PS: If you want to re-enable "Java Console" option, change the value of EnableJavaConsole DWORD to 1 again.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Change or Customize Internet Explorer Title Bar Caption?
- Microsoft Office 2010 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- QTTabBar: Freeware to Add Web Browser Style Tab Feature to Windows Explorer
- How to Enable or Install Windows Media Center in Windows 8?
- Download Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” Look-Like Login Screen for Windows XP
- Download Free Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from Microsoft