How to Remove “Next Desktop Background” Option from Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu?
Recently we posted a detailed tutorial to Customize Windows 7 Desktop context menu:
Here is another small tutorial to remove "Next Desktop Background" option from Desktop context menu which appears when you use Desktop SlideShow feature which allows you to run a SlideShow of selected wallpapers.
Personally I don't like this extra option because it makes the whole context menu a bit large which doesn't look good. So here are the steps to remove it:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to:
3. This key contains a sub-key "DesktopSlideshow".
4. Delete it and the option will be removed from Desktop context menu.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run "Remove Next Desktop Background Option.reg" file to remove the option. There is also a "Restore. reg" file to restore the option.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Skip Metro Start Screen and Boot Directly into Desktop in Windows 8?
- [Fix] Performance Information and Tools (aka Windows Experience Index) Page Shows Empty in Windows Vista and 7
- [Fix] Windows Automatically Reduces System Volume for Games & PC Calls
- [Fix] Charms Bar Randomly Appears on Windows 8/8.1 Devices
- Download Windows Phone 7 “Mango” and XBox Inspired Themes for Windows 7
- What Happened to the Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7?