If you enable "Navigation Pane" in Windows 7 Explorer, it shows following 5 items in the pane:
This tutorial will help you in removing "Network" item from the Navigation pane as shown in following screenshot:
Simply follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now you'll need to change value of "Attributes" DWORD value present in the right-side section. But Windows will not allow you to change its value as you won't have proper permissions.
To get permissions, first right-click on "ShellFolder" key and select "Permissions".
It'll open a new window. Select "Administrators" in user list and check "Allow" box given for "Full Control" permission.
Click on OK button to apply the changes.
4. Now double-click on "Attributes" DWORD value given in right-side section and change its value to b0940064
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system and "Network" will no longer present in Explorer window.
NOTE: If you want to restore "Network" in Navigation pane, simply change value of "Attributes" DWORD to b0040064 using step 4.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Pin Any File, Folder or Program Shortcut to Windows 8 and Later Start Screen?
- Download Outpost Internet Security Suite FREE
- Get Windows 7 System Properties Dialog Box in Windows XP
- How to Install Yahoo! Messenger’s Vista Version in Windows XP?
- MultiMi: Free Desktop App to Manage and Access Email Accounts and Social Networks
- Download AeroVG Ei8ht and Ei8ht.1ne Themes for Windows 8 / 8.1