How to Remove “Homegroup” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
If you enable "Navigation Pane" in Windows 7 Explorer, it shows following 5 items in the pane:
This tutorial will help you in removing "Homegroup" item from the Navigation pane as shown in following screenshot:
Simply follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now you'll need to change value of "Attributes" DWORD value present in the right-side section. But Windows will not allow you to change its value as you won't have proper permissions.
To get permissions, first right-click on "ShellFolder" key and select "Permissions".
It'll open a new window. Select "Administrators" in user list and check "Allow" box given for "Full Control" permission.
Click on OK button to apply the changes.
4. Now double-click on "Attributes" DWORD value given in right-side section and change its value to b094010c
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system and "Homegroup" will no longer present in Explorer window.
NOTE: If you want to restore "Homegroup" in Navigation pane, simply change value of "Attributes" DWORD to b084010c using step 4.
PS: If you want to completely disable "Homegroup" feature, you can visit following tutorial:
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Uninstall Confirmation Prompt Box in Windows Vista and Later?
- GClient: Download Free Desktop Client to Access Google+ Without Web Browser
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8.1 without using Customization Pack
- Add “Windows Apps” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- FireGestures: Get Opera Like Mouse Gestures in Mozilla Firefox
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Calculator in Windows XP and Vista