How to Remove “Favorites” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
If you enable "Navigation Pane" in Windows 7 Explorer, it shows following 5 items in the pane:
This tutorial will help you in removing "Favorites" item from the Navigation pane as shown in following screenshot:
Simply follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now you'll need to change value of "Attributes" DWORD value present in the right-side section. But Windows will not allow you to change its value as you won't have proper permissions.
To get permissions, first right-click on "ShellFolder" key and select "Permissions".
It'll open a new window. Select "Administrators" in user list and check "Allow" box given for "Full Control" permission.
Click on OK button to apply the changes.
4. Now double-click on "Attributes" DWORD value given in right-side section and change its value to a9400100
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system and "Favorites" will no longer present in Explorer window.
NOTE: If you want to restore "Favorites" in Navigation pane, simply change value of "Attributes" DWORD to a0900100 using step 4.
- How to Remove "Network" from Windows 7 Explorer's Navigation Pane?
- How to Remove "Computer" from Windows 7 Explorer's Navigation Pane?
- How to Remove "Homegroup" from Windows 7 Explorer's Navigation Pane?
- How to Remove "Libraries" from Windows 7 Explorer's Navigation Pane?
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [AIO] How to Get All Good Old Classic Features Back in Windows 7
- Download Windows XP “Royale Blue” Theme “Vista Blue Refresh” for Windows Vista
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 8.1?
- Get Windows 7 Calculator Working in Windows Vista
- [News] Google Announces Android 4.4 “KitKat”, Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices and Services Business
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 7 Bugs and Goof-ups