How to Remove “Favorites” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
This tutorial will help you in removing "Favorites" item from the Navigation pane in Windows 7 as shown in following screenshot:
Simply follow these simple steps:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. Now you'll need to change value of "Attributes" DWORD value present in the right-side section. But Windows will not allow you to change its value as you won't have proper permissions. So take ownership of ShellFolder key with the help of this guide.
4. Now double-click on "Attributes" DWORD value given in right-side section and change its value to a9400100
5. That's it. Log off or restart your system and "Favorites" will no longer present in Explorer window.
If you want to restore "Favorites" in Navigation pane, simply change value of "Attributes" DWORD to a0900100 using step 4.
NOTE: If you are using 64-bit edition of Windows, you may notice that Favorites icon is still present in "Browse" dialog box such as Save, Save as or Open in some 3rd party 32-bit programs. To remove Favorites icon from there, you'll need to perform the same steps in following key as well:
Just go to above mentioned key, take ownership of the key and in right-side pane, change value of Attributes DWORD to a9400100 to remove Favorites icon.
Posted in: Windows 7
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Options to Customize Windows Logon, Logoff, Exit and Unlock Sounds in Windows 8?
- [Fix] “The Update is Not Applicable to Your Computer” Error Message While Installing Windows 8.1 Preview from Store
- Download Free Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Visio 2013 and Project 2013 60-Day Trial Versions
- [Fix] Can’t Install Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 in Windows 8 and Later
- Download Microsoft Office SharePoint Designer (Frontpage) Free
- [Direct Download Links] Genuine Windows 7 RTM with SP1 ISO (32-bit and 64-bit)