How to Remove Default Search Box from Internet Explorer Toolbar?
If you are using Internet Explorer web browser and want to get rid of the default search box which is shown just after the addressbar in toolbar, this tutorial can help you in removing the search box as shown in following screenshot:
Simply follow these simple steps to remove built-in search box from IE toolbar:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to following key:
2. Now create a new key "Internet Explorer" under "Microsoft" key.
3. Create another new key "Infodelivery" under "Internet Explorer" key.
4. Again create a new key "Restrictions" under "Infodelivery" key.
So the final key path would be:
5. Now select the "Restrictions" key and in right-side pane create a new DWORD NoSearchBox and set its value to 1
6. That's it. Close Registry Editor and launch Internet Explorer and it'll no longer show the Search box in its toolbar.
7. If you want to enable the Search box again, simply set the value of NoSearchBox DWORD to 0 or delete it.
PS: If you don't want to modify the Registry and want a ready-made Registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted .REG file:
It'll ask for confirmation, accept it. If you want to restore the searchbox, then use following Registry Script:
Posted in: Internet Explorer
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 10 Themes, Boot Screen and Login Screen for Windows 7
- Download Simple Patch to Enable Aero Glass Transparency and Personalization Features in Windows 7 Home Basic and Starter Editions
- Customize “Use Default Homepage” Button URL in Internet Explorer Options
- Best Free Image Editors and Alternatives to Microsoft Paint and Adobe Photoshop
- [Tip] Disable Hardware Acceleration in Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird to Fix Font and Crashing Problems
- Download Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Offline Installer for Windows 8 and Later