How to Re-Enable Missing Details Pane in Windows Vista and Later Explorer?
Unlike Windows XP, the common tasks pane is shown at bottom in Windows Vista and later explorer and is called "Details Pane".
Sometimes you might find that the Details Pane is no longer shown in Explorer window. I have received many e-mails asking for its solution, so here I'm posting a detailed tutorial with screenshots to re-enable missing Details Pane in Windows Vista and later explorer:
Without Details pane the explorer window looks like as following:
Click on "Organize -> Layout -> Details Pane".
It'll re-enable the Details Pane:
Sometimes you might face a strange problem when the option to re-enable "Details Pane" in "Layout" menu will be missing:
Don't worry. It happens when Classic folder option is enabled in "Folder Options". Go to "Organize -> Folder and Search Options" and enable "Show preview and filters" option.
Apply it and it'll re-enable the option to show/hide Details Pane and Preview Pane.
NOTE: If you are wondering why the Details Pane is shown at top instead of bottom in the screenshots, then you can visit following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Introduces Touch Pack for Windows 7
- Make Your Linux Desktop Look-Like Windows 7 Using Transformation Packs
- Everything You Want to Know About Windows 8
- Simple Trick to Replace Default Built-in “Flower” Profile Picture for All User Accounts in Windows
- Add “System Tools” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- LockHunter: Yet Another Free File Unlocker for Windows