Recently we posted about an excellent feature in Windows 8. Windows 8 will come with native Explorer support for mounting ISO and VHD files:
If you are using Windows 2000, XP, Vista or 7 and want to have a similar thing, here is a free software for you.
"Gizmo Drive" is a freeware for Windows which allows you to easily mount various disc image formats like ISO, BIN, CUE, NRG, IMG to virtual CD drive in Windows Explorer. It also allows you to mount VHD files used by Microsoft Virtual PC software in Windows Explorer.
It also allows you to directly mount files from Windows shell or Command line.
- Mount ISO, BIN, CUE, NRG files to a virtual CD-ROM drive
- Mount VHD files, used with Microsoft Virtual PC
- Mount password protected images to a virtual hard drive
- Encrypt HD images using a passphrase
- Protect vital files from hackers using encrypted HD images
- Mount IMG files to a virtual drive
- Mount and unmount files from the Windows Shell
- Mount and unmount files from the command line
- Support for compression and sparse HD images
Gizmo Drive is a part of Gizmo Central pack so you'll need to download Gizmo Central to be able to install Gizmo Drive.
Gizmo Central comes with following free tools:
- Gizmo Drive - Mount ISOs, encrypted hard drive images to a virtual drive
- Gizmo Script - Automate your PC and execute functions using script
- Gizmo Database - Query Analyzer and stored procedure analyzer
- Gizmo Editor - Colorizing text editor and hex/binary editor
- Gizmo Hasher - Calculate hash values for files, folders, and drives
When you run Gizmo Central setup, you can select which tools you want to install:
You can download it using following link:
It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows editions.
Thanks to our reader "Sopan Patil" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- A Complete Guide for Tweaking User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
- How to Enable Brand New “New Tab” Page in Mozilla Firefox Nightly Build?
- Change DNS Settings on the Fly Using DNS Jumper
- How to Set Desktop Wallpaper as Start Screen Background in Windows 8.1?
- MSI Explorer: Free Tool to Analyze and Edit Windows MSI Files
- BlueStacks: Run Google Android and Windows Together in Parallel