How to Modify or Disable ScanDisk Timeout Value on Windows Startup?
When Windows is not shutdown properly, an automatic scandisk is performed on next system startup. Actually Windows runs "Autochk.exe" file to perform scandisk operation.
Windows shows 10 seconds timeout so that we can bypass the automatic scandisk. This tutorial will help you in modifying this timeout value.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. In right-side pane create or modify DWORD value AutoChkTimeOut and set its value to the amount of time in seconds you want to show in timeout. For example, if you want to show 5 seconds timeout, then set its value to 5
NOTE: If no value is set, default 10 seconds value will be used by Windows. Also Windows will not accept timeout value more than 3 days, i.e. 259,200 seconds.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Gmail Marks Your Important Emails as Spam
- Download TwentyTen (Microsoft Office 2010 Inspired) Theme for Mozilla Firefox
- [Tip] How to Copy Text from a Dialog Box Quickly in Windows?
- [Guide] Things To Do After Installing Windows 10
- [News] Google Announces Android 4.4 “KitKat”, Microsoft Acquires Nokia’s Devices and Services Business
- How to Enable Tools -> Folder Options and Registry Editor in Windows