How to Make Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Look-Like Firefox 3.0?
We all know that Mozilla has completely redesigned interface of Firefox 4.0. They have removed Statusbar, put tabs on top, made the Menubar hidden and made many other UI changes.
If you are new to Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and not getting used to the new UI, this topic will help you.
After following this topic, the end result would be:
As you can there are many differences in the above Firefox UI and the default Firefox 4.0 UI. In above screenshot, Firefox 4.0 looks very much similar to Firefox 3.0.
So without wasting time, here are some simple steps to make Mozilla Firefox 4.0 look-like to Firefox 3.0:
Disable New Orange Menu Button and Enable Menubar
Mozilla Firefox 4.0 comes with a new orange "Firefox" button in Titlebar which has replaced the good old Menu Bar.
Although it looks good but some users might find it difficult to use and annoying as it doesn't provide all menubar shortcuts and also hides the Titlebar text. So you can't see website titles in this way.
Following tutorial tells you how to get the good old Menu Bar back in Firefox 4.0 which will also disable the new orange "Firefox" button:
Put Tabs Back on Bottom
Mozilla Firefox 4.0 comes with Tabs on Top by default which might become quite difficult and annoying for existing Firefox users which are used to bottom tabs.
Following tutorial tells you how to put Tabs back on bottom as you used to get in older versions:
Get Statusbar Back
Mozilla has replaced Statusbar with new Add-on Bar which shows nothing except icons for installed add-ons.
If you also miss the progress meter and status text which used to shown in Status bar, take a look at following topic:
Get Back / Forward Dropmarker Back
Mozilla has removed the dropmarker from the back/forward button set. To show the recent pages drop-down list, you can either right-click on back or forward buttons or left-click and hold on back or forward buttons.
But you can get the dropmarker back using "Back/Forward Dropmarker" add-on.
Thanks to our reader "Rejjy13" for sharing it...
Few Other Things
Following tutorials will help you in getting some missing Firefox 3.0 features back and disabling new unnecessary features:
- How to Get Good Old "RSS Feed Icon" Back in Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Addressbar
- How to Get Separate "Stop" and "Reload" Buttons in Mozilla Firefox 4.0?
- How to Disable "Open New Tab After Current Tab" Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fix] Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Closes When You Close the Last Tab
- How to Bring Back "Save Tabs and Quit" Feature in Mozilla Firefox 4.0?
- How to Disable Hardware Acceleration (GPU Rendering) in Mozilla Firefox 4.0 to Fix Font Problem?
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- SmartUp Menu: Freeware to Get Windows Vista Style Start Menu in Windows XP
- Get Windows 7 “Desktop Background Slide Show” Feature in XP and Vista Using Microsoft Official “Winter Fun Wallpaper Changer” Powertoy
- RegFileMerger: Merge Multiple Registry Files into a Single One
- [Tip] Activate Hidden Secret “Retail Demo Mode” in Windows 10
- [AIO] Complete Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP Using Resource Hacker
- How to Change Icons and Text Labels (Names) of Start Screen Tiles in Windows 8 and 8.1?