How to Install Yahoo! Messenger’s Vista Version in Windows XP?
We all know that Yahoo! has released a special version of Yahoo! Messenger for Windows Vista users, which comes with a cool new UI and awesome features.
But this special version is only available for Windows Vista. If you are using Windows XP or previous Windows versions, you'll not be able to install it.
Don't worry! Today in this topic we are going to share a simple and easy to use trick which will allow you to enjoy this special Windows Vista version of Yahoo! Messenger in Windows XP.
Following is a preview of this special version running in Windows XP:
You just need to follow these simple steps:
1. First download the required file using following link:
2. Once you download the RAR file, extract it using 7-Zip or WinRAR.
3. Now run "dotnetfx3setup.exe" file present in the extracted folder.
4. At last run "Yahoo.Messenger.YmApp.exe" present in the extracted folder and you'll be able to enjoy the Yahoo! Messenger Vista version in Windows XP.
You can create a shortcut to the EXE file on Desktop or in Quick Launch toolbar and then you'll be able to quickly launch the messenger.
Thanks to our reader "kk" for this info...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “Chess” Game in Windows Vista and 7
- Windows Explorer Always Opens in Libraries View in Windows 7, How to Change Target Folder?
- [Guide] How to Take Ownership (Permission) of a Registry Key in Windows?
- First Screenshots of Google Chrome OS
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 10?
- Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 Offline ISO Files