How to Integrate Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows Setup ISO?
If you are a Windows XP, MCE or Server 2003 user and use 3rd party themes like our VistaVG or SevenVG in your Windows, many times you might have wondered how to include these 3rd party themes in Windows setup so that Windows can automatically install and apply the theme whenever you install Windows.
Now no need to wonder. Just follow these simple steps and you'll be able to include your desired themes in Windows setup ISO:
1. First copy your Windows Setup files from the setup disc to your hard disk.
2. Suppose you copied the whole setup to D:\Setup folder. Now open Setup folder.
3. You'll see a few folders like I386, etc. Create a new folder $OEM$. Remember it should be created in the same folder which contains I386 folder.
4. Open $OEM$ folder and create another new folder $$ inside it.
5. Open $$ folder and create another new folder Resources inside it.
6. Open Resources folder and create another new folder Themes inside it.
7. So the final path will be:
8. Now copy your desired theme's folder and .theme file from C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder and paste into the new "Themes" folder which you created in above mentioned steps.
9. Now go to "I386" folder in the Setup and look for file "WINNT.SIF" file. Open it in Notepad and paste following lines at the end:
CustomDefaultThemeFile = "%WinDir%\Resources\Themes\VistaVG Ultimate.theme"
NOTE: We have taken "VistaVG Ultimate" theme in our tutorial, if you want to include any other theme, then replace "VistaVG Ultimate" string with your desired theme name.
10. Save the file and you have done. Now you can create new Setup disc using this customized Windows setup.
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download SevenVG RTM Theme with Normal Thin Taskbar for Windows XP
- How to Enable New Ctrl+Tab Preview Thumbnails List in Mozilla Firefox?
- Download “Firefox Sync” From Mozilla Labs to Automatically Synchronize Bookmarks, Passwords, Preferences, History and Tabs
- Download Microsoft OneNote 2013 Full Version for Free
- Windows 8.1 = Fix (Windows 8) <=> Windows 7 = Fix (Windows Vista)
- 15 Things To Do After Installing Windows 7