Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Tools -> Folder Options and Registry Editor in Windows
- How to Add “Scan with Windows Defender” Option in File Context Menu in Windows 8?
- Microsoft Launched “Automated Troubleshooting Services” to Fix Common Maintenance Problems for Windows XP and Vista
- How to Always Show “User Home Folder”, “Control Panel” and “Recycle Bin” Items in Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- How to Disable or Enable “Shut Down Event Tracker” (Reason UI) Feature in Windows Server 2003, 2008 or Client OS?
- How to Remove Annoying Common Tasks (Details Pane) from Desktop in Windows XP?