How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Office 2013 Releases to Manufacturing (RTM), GA on January 29, 2013
- MetroBackUp: Free Utility with Metro UI to Keep Directories in Sync
- List of Windows 7 System Files to Customize Using Resource Hacker
- [Tip] Reclaim Free Space by Removing Old Windows Updates Files in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- All About Mozilla Firefox Profile Folder and Configuration Files
- Ultimate Collection of Best Free Alternatives to Windows Task Manager