Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [FAQ] All About Rooting Android Mobile Phones and Tablets
- [Fun Tip] Access New Metro Boot Loader While Running Windows 8
- Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
- How to Bring Back “Save Tabs and Quit” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options