Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Start Screen] How to Pin, Resize, Move, Close or Uninstall Metro App Tiles in Windows 8 and Later?
- [Classic Menu, UBitMenu, Word Menus] 3 Freeware to Get the Classic Menubar and Toolbar Back in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010
- How to Install and Apply Styler Toolbar Skin in Windows XP Explorer?
- Registry Tweak to Force Automatic Restart in Windows 8 After Installing Important Updates
- 15 Things To Do After Installing Windows 7
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8.1 without using Customization Pack