How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 Metro UI Inspired Dark and Light Themes for Steam
- Windows 8 and Later Allow You to Restart Explorer Using Task Manager
- Mysterious KB2866518 Update for Windows 8.1 Preview
- How to Fix File or Folder Rename Problem in Windows Vista?
- Add “Show / Hide Hidden Files” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
- How to Convert Microsoft Office 2013 Trial Version into Full Version without Reinstalling?