How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restrict / Hide / Remove Drives in Windows Explorer?
- Fix “Your Purchase Couldn’t Be Completed” Error Message, When You Try to Download Apps from Windows 8 Store
- [End of an Era] Winamp is Shutting Down on December 20, 2013
- RT Seven Lite: Slipstream Service Packs and Integrate Drivers into Windows 7 Unattended Setup Disc
- Enable Hidden Secret Control Panel Items in Windows Vista and Later
- How to Disable Warning Message While Unchecking “Hide Protected Operating System Files” Option in Folder Options