Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Ultimate Collection of the Best Free Tools to Get Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7
- How to Download Full Standalone Offline Installer of Yahoo! Messenger?
- [Direct Download Links] Microsoft Office 2013 Professional Plus, Visio 2013 and Project 2013 Free Trial
- How to Fix File or Folder Rename Problem in Windows Vista?
- [Fix] “Windows cannot Change the Password” Error Message in User Accounts in Control Panel
- Rufus: Free Portable Utility to Write Bootable ISO or IMG Files to USB Drives