How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Put Your Favorite Antivirus, Anti-Spyware and Firewall Apps to the Test
- 3 Secret Hidden Tabs “Search, Available Updates, Recent Updates” Found in Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta Add-ons Manager
- Transform Windows into MacOS Sierra Using Customization Pack
- Download Windows 10 Official “Hero” Wallpaper and Login Screen Background
- Get Windows Vista Look-Like MSPaint in Windows XP
- [Tip] Customize Text Messages on Windows XP and Windows 7 Login Screens