Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- QTTabBar Now Supports Windows 7, Add Tab Feature to Windows Explorer
- How to Show “New Windows Updates Available” Notification Icon in Windows 8 Taskbar?
- Ultimate Guide for Customizing Windows 7 System Properties
- Download Windows 8.1 RTM Now
- How to Remove “Preview Pane” Button from Command Bar in Windows Vista and 7 Explorer?
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Quick Start Guides to Get Tips and Learn Keyboard Shortcuts