Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Moo0 WindowMenuPlus: Add Extra Useful Menus to Windows Explorer
- How to Access Additional Hidden Regional Themes in Windows 7?
- Download Windows 8 RTM Theme for Windows XP
- Download Free e-book “Programming Windows Phone 7″ from Microsoft
- Get Windows 8 “Win+X” Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using WinPlusX
- How to Restore Missing “Send To” Menuitem in File and Folder Context Menus in Windows?