Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Add “System Tools” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu
- How to Remove Fake Antivirus Programs from Windows?
- Ultimate Collection of Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Outlook Email Client
- Get Approx. 1 GB Free Space by Removing Unnecessary Files After Installing SP1 in Windows Vista
- Mirro: Free Media Player with Full Aero Glass Support for Windows XP, Vista and 7