How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows File Protection (WFP) Service Patcher or Switcher
- Download Mozilla Firefox 3.7 Mockup Theme NOW
- [Exclusive] Windows 8.1 Features List
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows Vista Facts, Bugs and Goof-ups
- Download Windows Phone 7.5 Mango Cheat Sheets
- How to Adjust “Aero Peek” Desktop Preview Delay Time in Windows 7