Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Hide / Remove “User Picture” in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Start Menu?
- FileMenu Tools: Free Utility to Customize Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments?
- StExBar: A Must Have Free Add-on for Windows Explorer
- Download Windows 7 Boot Screen for Windows XP and Vista
- [Did You Know] Collection of Some Simple and Easy to Use Tips and Tricks for Windows Explorer