How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Direct Download Links] Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) Build
- How to Add “Network Connections” Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows?
- TransTaskbar: Get Transparent Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Download Windows Phone 7 “Mango” and XBox Inspired Themes for Windows 7
- [Tip] Add Secret “Hide File Names” Option in “View” Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- MailBrowserBackup: Backup Your Web Browsers and Email Clients Profiles