How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Pin “Network Connections” Shortcut to Windows 7 Taskbar?
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 10 November Update Build 10586
- How to enable “View” Option in Desktop Context Menu in Windows XP?
- Windows 7 will allow Downgrade to Vista or XP for a Limited Time
- Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Office Suite
- [Solution] EXE Files Always Open with Notepad or Other Applications OR Can’t Open EXE Files in Windows