Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Mac OS X “Mountain Lion” Look-Like Login Screen for Windows XP
- Windows 7 Logon Reworked: Get Longhorn Style Aurora Login Screen in Windows 7
- How to Create Your Own Yahoo! Messenger Skins Without Using 3rd Party Software?
- John Background Switcher: Download Free Desktop Background Slide Show Software for Windows
- Winfox: Enjoy Windows 7 Taskbar Features (Jumplist, Progressbar, etc) in Mozilla Firefox
- 5 Easy Ways to Remove Ribbon from Windows 8 and 8.1 Explorer