Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Reset / Recover / Change Forgotten Administrator Password in Windows?
- Download Free Password Recovery Tools for Windows, Dialup Connection, Messengers, Emails, Browsers
- How to Enable Smooth Scrolling Feature in Google Chrome?
- VistaTweaker: Download Ultimate Windows Vista Tweaking Utility
- AquaSnap: Get Windows 7′s Aero Snap and Aero Shake Features in Windows XP and Vista
- How to Upgrade from Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 Testing Builds to Final RTM Version?