How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 10 November Update Build 10586
- Pale Moon: New Web Browser Based on Mozilla Firefox and Optimized for Speed
- Customize “New Folder” and “New Shortcut” Text in Windows XP Context Menu
- [FakeSysdef] System Defragmenter aka Scan Disk aka Check Disk, A New Malware in Town
- PC Decrapifier: Remove Unwanted Programs from Branded PCs
- How to Enable / Disable Animations in Copy / Move / Delete Dialog Box in Windows Vista and Later?