How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- 3 Things You Should Know Before Downloading Windows 7 RC Build
- Windows 7 Logon Reworked: Get Longhorn Style Aurora Login Screen in Windows 7
- [Tip] How to Check Running Apps List in Android 6.0 Marshmallow and Later Versions
- MetroViewer: Simple Image Viewer for Windows with Metro UI
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8 RTM without using Customization Pack
- Get Windows 7 “Show Desktop” Taskbar Icon in Windows XP and Windows Vista