Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Exclusive] How to Add New Shortcuts in “Win+X” Menu of Windows 8?
- Download “Vista Boot Logo Generator” to Change or Customize Windows Vista Boot Screen
- Roadkil Unstoppable Copier: Copy Your Important Data from Physically Damaged Disks
- Download Free Windows 8 RTM 90-day Trial Version
- Get Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CWSM
- RocketDock: Another Free and Lightweight Dock Utility for Windows