How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Permanently Set and Save Process Priority in Windows Task Manager Using Prio
- FileMenu Tools: Free Utility to Customize Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Remove Product Key and Reset License Information of Microsoft Office Using Office Key Remover
- Download Mac OS X Lion Icon Pack
- Ultimate Tutorial to Tweak and Customize “Command Bar” in Windows 7 Explorer
- Microsoft Shows First Preview Video of Windows 8.1