Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Skip Metro Suite Settings: Freeware to Skip Start Screen and Disable Charms Bar and Other Hot Corners in Windows 8
- How to Enable New “Compact Navigation” Feature in Google Chrome? Make Toolbar and Addressbar Auto-Hidden
- How to Reset / Remove / Bypass Forgotten BIOS or CMOS Password?
- Add Context Menu Option to Extract / Unpack Files from MSI (Microsoft Installer) Package
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 8 RTM without using Customization Pack
- Windows Vista Services Configuration: Turn Off / Disable Background Services to Improve System Performance