Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Unwanted Items from Addressbar History in Windows Explorer?
- How to Remove “Computer” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Download Windows 8 Login Screen for Windows 7
- Everything You Want to Know About Windows 8.1
- How to Enable “InPrivate Filtering” Permanently in Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) Beta?
- [Tip] Enable New “Flip Ahead” Feature in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8