How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Libraries” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?
- Get Windows XP Style Classic “All Programs” List in Start Menu of Windows Vista and Windows 7
- How to Move Scrollbar from Right to Left in Mozilla Firefox?
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide Hidden Files and Folders in Windows
- Transform Windows Vista into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack
- Download Windows 8.1 Preview Boot Screen for Windows XP and Windows 7