Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Appetizer: Yet Another Free Dock / Application Launcher for Windows
- Freeware to Bring All Windows 7 Style Classic Features Back in Windows 8.1 Explorer “This PC”
- How to Clear / Remove Unwanted Items from “Hide Inactive Icons” Customization Box History in Notification Area of Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Anolis Resourcer: Yet Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker
- [Virus Removal] Is Your Computer Infected with Virus, Spyware, Adware or Trojan?
- How to Enable 2-Step Verification Feature in Your Twitter Account?