Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Host Mechanic: Freeware to Edit, Delete or Restore Hosts File in Windows
- [Guide] How to Root an Android Device?
- Download Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Skin for Winamp
- Registry Tweak to Force Automatic Restart in Windows 8 After Installing Important Updates
- Download Microsoft Translator Bookmarklet to Translate Websites in a Single Click
- New “Angry Birds Go!” Game Available for Download