How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Mail Apps and Devices Show Incorrect Password Error After Enabling 2-Step Verification in Microsoft or Gmail Account
- How to Completely Uninstall / Remove a Software Program in Windows without using 3rd Party Software?
- [Solution] Taskbar is not Transparent While Using Aero Theme in Windows Vista
- Enable “Pin to Start Menu” Option for Folders in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- [Tip] Customize Start Screen Tiles Background Color, Text Color and Logo in Windows 8.1 and Later
- [IE11 Review] List of Features That Have Been Removed or Added in Internet Explorer 11