How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix Old Classic Context Menu Problem in Windows Vista and 7
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 8.1 Update 1?
- How to Add “Kill Not Responding Tasks” in Desktop Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- FluentNotepad: Simple Notepad for Windows with Office 2010 Ribbon UI
- Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- How to Remove “Get Windows 10″ App and Its Icon from Taskbar?