Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Install and Apply Custom 3rd Party Boot Screens in Windows without Replacing Default NTOSkrnl.exe File?
- How to Disable Protected View in Microsoft Office While Opening Email Attachments or Downloaded Files?
- [Tip] Disable Microsoft Account Sign In Requirement in Windows 8.1 Store Apps
- Dataone Quick Usage Finder (DQUF): Utility for BSNL Broadband Users
- How to Show Tabs Below Orange Button When Mozilla Firefox is Maximized?
- How to Disallow Secret “Customer Experience Improvement Program” Collecting Information in Windows 7