How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Review] Microsoft Edge (or Spartan) Web Browser in Windows 10
- How to Restore Old Behavior of New Tab Page in Google Chrome, Disable Recently Visited Websites Thumbnails and Google Search
- [Windows 10 Tip] Disable “Quick Actions” Buttons in Action Center
- Get Windows 8 and 8.1 Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using “Omnimo 6” Rainmeter Skin Suite
- [Fix] Can’t Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk in Windows
- StarterDesktopSlideShow: Add Desktop Wallpaper Slide Show Feature to Windows 7 Starter Edition