How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Open File Location” Option in XP?
Recently a reader asked us how to add "Open File Location" option in Windows XP? Actually Windows Vista and 7 provide this option in file context menu. Whenever you right-click on a shortcut, you get "Open File Location" option which leads you to the folder containing the original file.
You can get this useful option in Windows XP using a very simple registry hack. Simply download following ZIP file, extract it and run the "Add Open File Location Option in Windows XP.Reg" file to add this option. There is also an Undo file in case you want to remove the option:
Posted in: Windows XP
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and Longhorn Themes for Windows 10
- Snow Leopard Startup Animation and Login Screen for Windows Vista
- Transform Windows into MacOS Sierra Using Customization Pack
- [Tip] Access Hidden Secret Configuration Page in Your Web Browser
- How to Move or Resize an Off-Screen Window in Windows?
- Windows 8.1 November Update Rollup (aka Update 3) Now Available for Download