How to Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Menu (Charms Bar) with Clock in Windows 7?
Recently we posted about new Metro style start menu found in Windows 8 which was revealed by an official Microsoft demo video. Actually it was not a new start menu. Its called Charms Bar which is a part of new Start Screen introduced in Windows 8.
If you are a customization lover and want to make your Windows 7 look like Windows 8, you might have already followed following tutorial:
Now we are going to share a similar start menu widget for Windows 7. AskVG's DA group members "parassidhu" and "MetroGT" have created a Windows 8 Metro style start menu look like widget for Windows 7 users.
All the links like Settings, Devices, etc are fully functional and open Control Panel, Device Manager and other associated Windows programs.
You can download these widgets using following links:
Download Windows 8 Metro Style Start Menu Widget for Windows 7 (by parassidhu)
Download Windows 8 Metro Style Start Menu Widget for Windows 7 (by MetroGT) (no longer available...)
Please give them a try and let us know which one did you like the most and why?
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Maxthon: Yet Another Fast, Secure and Highly Customizable Web Browser
- Best Method to Backup Mozilla Firefox Bookmarks Without Using Extensions
- Get Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CWSM
- [Review] What’s New in Windows 7?
- How to Remove “Computer” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane?
- How to Change or Customize Day Name, Date and Time Format on Windows 8 and 8.1 Lock Screen?