How to Get URL Bar and Tab Bar in Same Row in Mozilla Firefox Similar to Internet Explorer?
The most impressive thing in Microsoft's latest web browser IE9 is its minimal and clean interface. Many people like how the URL bar and Tab bar are shown in a single row saving space and giving a sleek look to the browser.
In this tutorial, we'll learn how to get the same look in Mozilla Firefox?
First you'll need to install the add-ons given in following tutorial:
After that, follow these simple steps to get Tab bar and URL bar in same row:
1. Right-click on toolbar and select Customize.
2. Now drag-n-drop back/forward buttons, URL bar or addressbar, Searchbox (if you installed Omnibar, it'll be already moved along with URL bar), Stop/Refresh buttons to Tab Bar.
3. Close Customize window and right-click on toolbar and deselect "Navigation Toolbar".
4. Now install "Stylish" add-on. When its installed, click on its icon in Add-on Bar and select "Write new style -> Blank style" option. It'll open a new window. Type any desired name like "IE Interface" in Name box and paste following code in big text area:
max-width: 600px !important;
min-width: 100px !important;
NOTE: Here 600 is the maximum size of URL bar and 100 is the minimum size. You can change them according to your requirements.
5. That's it. Click on Save button and you'll get URL bar and Tab bar in same row similar to IE9.
PS: You can resize URL bar. Just click on the blank space between URL bar and Tabs and move the cursor to left or right.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 8 RTM Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How to Enable New Ctrl+Tab Preview Thumbnails List in Mozilla Firefox?
- Tuneup Utilities: A Complete Windows Tweaking and Customization Software
- Internet Explorer + Firefox + Google Chrome + Safari = Lunascape
- Update Your Windows Using Mozilla Firefox, Opera or Any Other Web Browser
- [Tip] Disable Search Pop-up on Selecting Text Feature in Opera