Windows 7 and later contain new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature of Windows and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7 and later.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Boot UI Tuner: Freeware to Tweak and Customize Windows 8 Boot Screen and Boot Menu Options
- How to Create New Customized Toolbars at Desktop in Windows Vista?
- How to Restore Old Behavior of New Tab Page in Google Chrome, Disable Recently Visited Websites Thumbnails and Google Search
- [Fix] Can’t Change Volume Level on HD Channels in Tata Sky DTH
- How to Restore All Configuration Settings of Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) to Default Using Command Line
- RunMe: Free and Portable Application Launcher for Windows