Windows 7 contains new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature in Windows 7 and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Realistic Fly, Ladybugs and Cockroaches for Your Desktop
- How to Restore “Show Desktop” Shortcut Icon in Quick Launch Toolbar?
- [Solution] Favorite Links is Empty in Windows Vista Explorer Navigation Pane
- How to Fix User Folders Glass Icons Changed to Default Yellow Icons in Windows Vista?
- Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- How to Instant Apply Preferences in Mozilla Firefox Without Closing Options Window?