Windows 7 contains new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature in Windows 7 and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Hash Reporter: Free Portable Utility to Calculate and Verify Hash Codes
- [Did You Know] Ultimate Collection of Mozilla Firefox Hidden Secret Features
- How to Back up and Restore Registry in Windows?
- Get Glass CMD (Command Prompt) in Windows Vista and 7
- Get Windows Vista Look-Like MSPaint in Windows XP
- [Fix] Jumplist in Windows 7 Start Menu Stopped Working