Windows 7 contains new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature in Windows 7 and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 8 Look-Like User Picture Tile (Avatar) in Notification Area of Windows 7
- Get Detailed Power Management Report Using “Powercfg -ENERGY” Command in Windows 7
- List of Windows Vista System Files to be Customized Using Resource Hacker
- 3 Application Compatibility Registry Tweaks to Boost Windows Vista and Windows 7 Performance
- SmartUp Menu: Freeware to Get Windows Vista Style Start Menu in Windows XP
- Windows 8 and 8.1 Services Configuration: Turn Off / Disable Background Services to Improve System Performance