How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text Back in Windows 7 and Later?
Windows 7 and later contain new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature of Windows and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7 and later.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Official Microsoft SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac and Mobile Phones
- SMFixer: Free Tool to Repair and Enable Corrupted Safe Mode in Windows
- How to Change Context Menu Position from Left to Right in Windows Vista and Later?
- [Fix] Compatibility Tab Missing and System Restore Crashing Problems in Windows Vista and 7
- [Software Update] Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) 4.9.0218.0 Now Available for Download
- How to Uninstall / Remove Custom 3rd Party Themes in Windows?