How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text Back in Windows 7 and Later?
Windows 7 and later contain new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature of Windows and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7 and later.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- LiveAndroid: LiveCD and LiveUSB for Google Android OS on PC
- DeskHack: Show Actual Theme Names in Windows Vista Desktop Properties
- [Tip] Speed Up Mozilla Firefox by Disabling Animation in Opening or Closing Tabs, Fix Unresponsive Tabs Problem
- How to Hide, Show or Set Permissions for Your Email ID in Your Facebook Account Profile Page?
- Taskbar Classic Start Menu: Add Classic “All Programs” list to System Tray in Windows 7
- How to Enable Smooth Scrolling Feature in Google Chrome?