How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text Back in Windows 7 and Later?
Windows 7 and later contain new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature of Windows and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7 and later.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1 and Longhorn Themes for Windows 10
- How to Remove Cortana Search Box, Task View and Touch Keyboard Buttons from Windows 10 Taskbar?
- LockHunter: Yet Another Free File Unlocker for Windows
- Put Your Favorite Antivirus, Anti-Spyware and Firewall Apps to the Test
- How to Customize (Rename, Remove or Hide) Command Bar Buttons in Windows 7 Explorer?
- How to Change or Remove Windows Logo from Windows 7 System Properties?