How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text Back in Windows 7 and Later?
Windows 7 and later contain new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature of Windows and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7 and later.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Repair Nokia Lumia and HTC One Mobile Phones Using Software Recovery Tools
- Freeware to Hide or Show Windows Taskbar on the Fly
- MinUI: Mozilla Firefox Add-on to Hide All Toolbars Using Ctrl Key
- Download FREE CustoPack Tools to Customize Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- [Solution] Options to Change Hidden Files and Folders Settings are not Available in Folder Options
- How to Fix / Troubleshoot Various Taskbar Problems in Windows?