Windows 7 contains new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature in Windows 7 and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Microsoft Shares Tips and Hotkeys to Make Windows 7 Faster, Secure and Easier to Use
- How to Enable or Disable Use of Camera App on Windows 8.1 Lock Screen?
- Download “Broken Vista” Wallpapers, Who Broke My Vista?
- WinCDEmu: Mount CD/DVD Images (ISO, NRG, MDS/MDF, IMG, etc Including All Windows Versions) with a Simple Double-Click in Explorer
- How to Mount ISO, VHD and Other Image Files in Windows Similar to Windows 8?
- How to Fix File or Folder Rename Problem in Windows Vista?