Windows 7 contains new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature in Windows 7 and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Enable New “Flip Ahead” Feature in Internet Explorer 10 in Windows 8
- Auslogics Registry Cleaner: A Free Windows Registry Maintenance Tool
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Start Screen Background and Color in Windows 8 and 8.1?
- ViSplore: Get Windows Vista Explorer with Glass in Windows XP
- Get the Good Old Movie Maker 2.6 in Windows Vista and Windows 7
- How to Remove Search Box from New Tab Page in Mozilla Firefox?