Windows 7 contains new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature in Windows 7 and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows
- A Bootable USB: Freeware to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Server 2008
- How to Set a Custom URL or Username for Your Facebook Profile Page?
- Download FeedDemon 4.5 Pro Version for Free
- How to Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Tab Preview Thumbnails in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Fix] System Restore Point Creation / Configuration Disabled by Group Policy or System Administrator in Windows