Windows 7 and later contain new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature of Windows and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7 and later.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Personalization Panel: Change Desktop Wallpaper and Get Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 7 Starter and Home Basic Editions
- How to Restore Uninstall Confirmation Prompt Box in Windows Vista and Later?
- How to Install and Get “Microsoft Office Picture Manager” Back in Office 2013?
- Minimize Windows as Thumbnails on Desktop Instead of Taskbar using miniMIZE
- How to Switch Between Start Menu and Start Screen in Windows 10?
- How to Fix Start Menu Text or Icon Cut-off Problem in Windows XP 3rd Party Themes?