Windows 7 contains new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature in Windows 7 and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Change Yahoo! Messenger Default Status Messages With Your Own Customized Messages Using Resource Hacker
- [FIX] Computer Restarts Instead of Hibernate After Installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) in Windows 7
- Start Menu XP: Get XP Style “All Programs” Drop-Out List in Windows Vista and 7
- Keyboard Shortcuts List for Windows Media Player in Windows 7
- How to Add “Network Connections” Shortcut in Desktop Context Menu Under Windows Vista and 7
- A Complete Guide for Tweaking User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista