Windows 7 and later contain new iconized taskbar buttons which only show program icons. Its a new feature of Windows and looks nice. But a few people might find it difficult to use.
So here is a simple step-by-step tutorial to enable the old thin taskbar buttons with text in Windows 7 and later:
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select Properties.
2. Now enable "Use small icons" option.
3. You'll also see that "Taskbar buttons" option would be set to "Always combine, hide labels". Change it to either "Combine when taskbar is full" or "Never combine".
"Combine when taskbar is full" option will group same program buttons in taskbar like Windows XP and Vista. "Never combine" option will disable grouping.
4. That's it. Apply the changes and you can enjoy the same old thin taskbar with program text in Windows 7 and later.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Add or Remove Items from “New” Context Menu in Windows?
- How to Restore Missing “Desktop (create shortcut)” Item in Send To Menu in Windows?
- [Fix] Can’t Convert Basic Disk into Dynamic Disk in Windows
- YouTube Tests New Design “Cosmic Panda” for Videos, Playlists and Channels, Try NOW
- How to Restore Default “New Tab” Page in Internet Explorer 8?
- Hidden Secret “Exit Explorer” Option in Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar