How to Get “Hide Window When Minimized” Option Back in Windows Live Mail in Windows 7
NOTE: Similar steps can be followed to bring back minimize to system tray feature in Windows Live Messenger under Windows 7.
When I installed Windows Live Mail in Windows 7, I found that "Hide window when minimized" option was missing in Windows Live Mail system tray context menu.
Its one of the most essential option. It allows you to minimize the Windows Live Mail window to system tray instead of taskbar. But its not shown in Windows 7 because of some compatibility issues.
Here is a step-by-step tutorial to get the "Hide window when minimized" option back in Windows Live Mail:
1. Right-click on the Windows Live Mail shortcut and select Properties. Here the shortcut might be present on Desktop, Programs menu or anywhere else.
2. Go to "Compatibility" tab and enable "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" option.
3. Select "Windows Vista" from the drop-down list and Apply it.
4. That's it. Now start Windows Live Mail and you'll get the option back in its system tray context menu:
- How to Import Feeds into Windows Live Mail from Other RSS Feed Readers
- [Fix] Windows Live Mail Automatically Adds New Email IDs in your Contacts List
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail
- How to Disable / Turn Off "Conversations" View in Windows Live Mail
- How to Merge / Combine Multiple E-mail Accounts into One in Windows Live Mail
- How to Stop Windows Live Mail from Blocking Unsupported File Types in Attachments
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Mount ISO, VHD and Other Image Files in Windows Similar to Windows 8?
- Get Windows 7 CAD (Ctrl+Alt+Del) Screen in Windows XP
- Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- 3 Things You Should Know Before Downloading Windows 7 RC Build
- What Happened to the Quick Launch Toolbar in Windows 7?
- Windows 8 Start Screen Search Page Bug