As you all know we are keeping our eyes very closely at the development of Mozilla Firefox 4.0 and we have a special dedicated topic for it:
Recently we posted a topic about the things which we hate about Firefox 4.0:
One thing which we don't like at all is the removal of good old Statusbar. Mozilla has replaced Statusbar with new Add-on Bar which shows nothing atm. It'll be used to show status icons for installed add-ons in final version.
If you also miss the progress meter and status text which used to shown in Status bar, here is an excellent add-on for you.
"Status-4-Evar" is a great extension for Mozilla Firefox 4.0 created by "Sparky Bluefang". Actually this extension is a collection of toolbar widgets that provides replacement for what was previously shown in the statusbar.
After installing the extension, you can customize your toolbars and drag the "Status Text", "Progress Meter", and "Download Status" items wherever you want. Behavior of the items can be controlled in the extension preferences.
Simply install the extension, enable "Add-on Bar". Right-click on Add-on Bar and select Customize. Now click on Restore Default Set button and you'll get Status text, Progress meter and Download status back in Firefox 4.0.
You can also customize Statusbar appearance by changing the add-on preferences.
Thanks to our active reader "leomate" for sharing it...
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Solution] Windows Vista Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Crashing Mozilla Firefox
- How to Disable “Speed up Browsing by Disabling Add-ons” Popup Notification Message in Internet Explorer?
- [Version Update] Mozilla Firefox 27.0.1 Released, Download Link Inside
- [Fix] Mozilla Firefox Closes When You Close the Last Tab
- Add Event Sound to Mozilla Firefox Using PopupSound Extension
- [Review] The New “Australis” UI of Mozilla Firefox Web Browser