What? There is no Classic Start menu in Windows 7? That's the most common question which Windows 7 users ask us. Actually Microsoft has completely removed Classic start menu from Windows 7 and you are forced to use the new Vista like start menu.
Although the new start menu is much better than the classic one, lots of people still prefer the Classic one. So what to do? Here is the solution.
"CSMenu" is a small application for Windows 7 which can bring the Classic start menu back in Windows 7. You just need to install it and run the application. There is also a portable version available so you can run it without installing.
Following is a screenshot of CSMenu in action:
You can Pin its shortcut to Taskbar so that you can use it similar to Start button.
You can also hide default Start ORB (Start button) using "Start Killer".
You can give it a try using following link:
NOTE: When we install it, it didn't create its shortcut in Programs menu or Desktop. If you also face this problem, you can run its EXE file from "%programfiles\CSMenu" folder.
PS: At the installation time, make sure to select "Custom Installation" option and uncheck "Install the Ask Toolbar" checkbox.
NOTE: You can also check other free tools to get Classic Start Menu back in Windows 7 at following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 8 Taskbar?
- Download Windows 7 WindowBlinds (WB) Skin with Aero Glass for Windows XP
- How to Change or Customize Windows 7 Boot Screen Using Windows 7 Boot Updater
- How to Move Scrollbar from Right to Left in Mozilla Firefox?
- [Tip] Pin “Slide to Shutdown” Shortcut to Windows 8.1 Start Screen
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “Spider Solitaire” Game in Windows Vista and 7