What? There is no Classic Start menu in Windows 7? That's the most common question which Windows 7 users ask us. Actually Microsoft has completely removed Classic start menu from Windows 7 and you are forced to use the new Vista like start menu.
Although the new start menu is much better than the classic one, lots of people still prefer the Classic one. So what to do? Here is the solution.
"CSMenu" is a small application for Windows 7 which can bring the Classic start menu back in Windows 7. You just need to install it and run the application. There is also a portable version available so you can run it without installing.
Following is a screenshot of CSMenu in action:
You can Pin its shortcut to Taskbar so that you can use it similar to Start button.
You can also hide default Start ORB (Start button) using "Start Killer".
You can give it a try using following link:
NOTE: When we install it, it didn't create its shortcut in Programs menu or Desktop. If you also face this problem, you can run its EXE file from "%programfiles\CSMenu" folder.
PS: At the installation time, make sure to select "Custom Installation" option and uncheck "Install the Ask Toolbar" checkbox.
NOTE: You can also check other free tools to get Classic Start Menu back in Windows 7 at following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] This Upgrade Path is not Supported. Close Setup and Re-Launch from Root of Media or Pick Different Installation Choice
- [Tip] Enable New “Translator Bubble UI” in Google Chrome
- Host Mechanic: Freeware to Edit, Delete or Restore Hosts File in Windows
- Collection of Some Useful Tricks and Extensions for Mozilla Firefox
- How to Download Movies Subtitles Automatically Using Media Player Classic?
- Windows Live Web Messenger: Web Based WLM, No Download or Installation Required