How to Force Mozilla Firefox In-line Spell Checker to Work in Textboxes and Web Forms?
Almost all of us use our favorite web browser's built-in spell checker to check the spelling mistakes in our messages, comments, emails, etc.
If you are a Mozilla Firefox user, you might have noticed that its in-line Spell Checker doesn't work in forms, text boxes, rich text editors, etc. You need to manually right-click in the box and enable "Spell check this field" option to check the spelling.
Today in this tutorial, we are going to share a solution for this annoying problem. After applying this trick, the in-line spell checker in Firefox will work in all textboxes, forms, etc.
1. Type about:config in Firefox addressbar and press Enter.
2. Now type layout.spell in Filter box.
3. You'll see layout.spellcheckDefault in results.
4. Double-click on it and change its value to 2
5. That's it. Now Firefox will automatically check spelling mistakes in every textbox, etc in webpages.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Google Introduces Google Chrome OS, Coming in 2010
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP
- [Fix] Windows Live Mail Stopped Syncing Hotmail, Outlook and Other Microsoft Email Accounts
- Best Free Text Editors and Alternatives to Notepad
- How to Disable New Ribbon UI in Windows 8/8.1 Explorer?
- Valve’s SteamOS Beta Available for Download