When you run Internet Explorer 7 for first time, it shows a first run welcome page "http://runonce.msn.com/runonce2.aspx" and you need to select your customization settings and then click on "Save your settings" button.
This page will be displayed each time you open IE7 until you complete the customization wizard and save your settings.
Sometimes people face problems as given below:
- The Runonce page is displayed every time even you have completed the customization process.
- A blank page appears even you have selected some other page as your Homepage.
- An "Error on page" appears with a plain blue color page.
- "Save your settings" button doesn't work and shows following error:
- IE7 shows following error upon startup:
Error: Element not found
Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /runonce2.aspx
All above mentioned problems occur if the Welcome page in IE7 is not loaded correctly or if it opens with restricted security settings.
If you are also facing this problem, then follow these simple steps and your problem will be solved:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. In right-side pane, look for 2 DWORD values:
3. Make sure both have their values set to 1. If any or both of them is set to 0, then change it to 1
4. That's it. Exit registry editor and start Internet Explorer. Now it'll not show the welcome page and will directly go to your Homepage.
NOTE: If you don't want to edit registry manually and want a ready-made file to do this task, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run the extracted REG file: