Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Are There Only 10 Product Keys for All Windows 7 Beta Users?
- Enable Hidden Secret Animation in Details Pane of Windows Vista and 7 Explorer
- How to Enable IE Like “Quick Tabs” Feature (All Tabs Previews) in Mozilla Firefox
- Enable Windows XP Style Cascading “All Programs” List in Windows Vista and 7 Start Menu
- Internet Explorer + Firefox + Google Chrome + Safari = Lunascape
- Download Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2)