Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using Newgen
- How to Remove Annoying GoogleUpdate.exe Background Process After Installing Google Chrome in Windows?
- How to Add Your Name in Desktop Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later?
- How to Restore Missing “Send To” Menuitem in File and Folder Context Menus in Windows?
- Win+X Menu Editor: Freeware to Tweak and Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8
- How to Reset Hosts File to Default in Windows?