Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Install and Get “Microsoft Office Picture Manager” Back in Office 2013?
- Get Glass CMD (Command Prompt) in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Download Movies Subtitles Automatically Using Media Player Classic?
- Ultimate Tutorial to Tweak and Customize “Command Bar” in Windows 7 Explorer
- Make Windows 8 Start Screen Transparent, Change Background Image and Number of Rows of Tiles
- [Classic Menu, UBitMenu, Word Menus] 3 Freeware to Get the Classic Menubar and Toolbar Back in Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010