Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Introducing Windows 8: Download Free Windows 8 e-book from Microsoft
- How to Open .Hlp Files in Windows Vista, 7 or 8 Which Require Windows Help Program (WinHlp32.exe)?
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 8 Will Come Bundled With Windows Media Center
- How to Enable or Disable Verbose Status Messages in Windows Login Screen?
- [Ready-Made Registry Script] Add Cut, Copy, Paste and Other Useful Buttons in Command Bar of Windows 7 Explorer
- Windows 8 Recycle Bin Will Not Warn You When You Delete a File