Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Force Caps Lock, Num Lock and Scroll Lock Keys Behavior Using Windows Registry
- Add “System Shortcuts” Cascading Menu in My Computer Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later
- Download Theme to Transform Windows 7 into Mac OS X Snow Leopard
- How to Restrict Users from Changing Desktop Wallpaper in Windows?
- ViPad: Free Application Launcher and Complete Windows Desktop Replacement
- Vivaldi: New Web Browser from Former CEO and Co-founder of Opera