How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add Event Sound to Mozilla Firefox Using PopupSound Extension
- TransTaskbar: Get Transparent Taskbar and Start Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Enable Hidden Secret Control Panel Items in Windows Vista and Later
- Twitter Adds “Always Use HTTPS” Option for Better Security, How to Instructions Inside
- Get Windows 8 Metro Style Start Screen in Windows XP, Vista and 7 Using Newgen
- [AskVG Apps] Download Free Software for Tweaking and Customizing Windows