How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- So.cl (Tulalip): Microsoft Accidentally Reveals New Secret Social Network Project
- Registry Tweak to Add “Copy as Path” Option in Files and Folders Context Menu in Windows
- [Tip] Dual Boot Between Windows 10 and Your Existing Windows 7/8.1 OS
- [Solution] Control Panel, Welcome Center or Games are not Opening in Windows Vista
- Best Free Alternatives to Microsoft Office Suite
- Snow Leopard Startup Animation and Login Screen for Windows Vista