How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- New “Angry Birds Star Wars” Game Available for Download
- Google Search Got New Interface in IE11 on Windows 8.1, Try NOW
- How to Move / Show Command Bar at Bottom in Windows 7 Explorer?
- Take a Look at New Animated Boot Screen in Windows 7 Build 6954
- Download Windows 7 Free Release Candidate (RC) Build 7100