How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows File Protection (WFP) Service Patcher or Switcher
- [Solution] Cannot Change Desktop Wallpaper in Windows
- Add “Open with Resource Hacker” Option in EXE, DLL, CPL, OCX and SCR Files Context Menu
- How to Turn Caret Browsing On or Off in Mozilla Firefox?
- UAC Tweak: Small Utility to Tweak UAC (User Account Control) Settings in Windows
- [Direct Download Links] Genuine Windows 7 RTM with SP1 ISO (32-bit and 64-bit)