Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
PS: You can also try to repair icon cache as mentioned in point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Fix Spybot Search & Destroy Alert Dialog Box Overlapping Problem?
- RockMelt: Perfect Web Browser for Facebook Users
- Librarian: Freeware to Tweak and Customize Library Feature in Windows 7
- [Bug] Google Chrome Showing Thin Black Bar at Bottom of Window
- How to Enable Missing Hibernate Option in Windows 8 Power Menu?
- How to Remove An Item from RUN Dialog Box History / MRU List in Windows?