How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Get Windows 7 Look-Like Desktop Context Menu in XP, Add “View”, “Screen Resolution”, “Gadgets” & “Personalize” Options
- How to Make Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Look-Like Firefox 3.0?
- How to Get Drive Capacity Bar aka HDD Meter Back in Windows Vista and Later Explorer?
- Anti-Aliasing Tuner: Mozilla Firefox Add-on to Fix Font Problem
- Hotmail Introduces 2 New Features: My Friends Account Been Hacked and Blacklist Common Passwords
- Windows 8.1 August Update (aka Update 2) Coming on August 12