How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] ICO Files Not Showing their Icons in Windows Explorer
- Download Windows Media Player Plug-in for Mozilla Firefox
- Google Toolbar Discontinued for Mozilla Firefox 5.0 and Newer Versions
- How to Fix Spybot Search & Destroy Alert Dialog Box Overlapping Problem?
- How to Download Windows 8.1 RTM Standalone Offline ISO for Clean Installation?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 Available for Download