Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
PS: You can also try to repair icon cache as mentioned in point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Missing “Send To” Menuitem in File and Folder Context Menus in Windows?
- Windows Media Player 12: Bug or Feature?
- Fission: Firefox Add-on to Show Progressbar in Addressbar Similar to Safari or Opera
- [Fix] “Input Indicator” Icon Comes Back in Taskbar Notification Area After Restarting Windows
- How to Get the Old Thin Taskbar Buttons with Text in Windows 7?
- How to Show “New Windows Updates Available” Notification Icon in Windows 8 Taskbar?