How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] 5 Awesome Hidden Secret Features of Samsung Galaxy Mobile Phones
- How to Create Bootable USB Drive to Install Windows Vista?
- Get Detailed Power Management Report Using “Powercfg -ENERGY” Command in Windows 7
- Mozilla Adds “Container Tabs” Feature to Firefox Web Browser
- How to Create and Install Your Own Custom Themes in Google Chrome?
- How to Change Icons and Text Labels (Names) of Start Screen Tiles in Windows 8 and 8.1?