Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Convert Start Screen into a Full Screen Start Menu (kind of) in Windows 8.1
- Download Free Windows 8 RTM 90-day Trial Version
- Taskbar Iconizer: Get Windows 7 Look-like Iconized Taskbar Buttons in Windows XP and Vista
- Create Simple Script to Show / Hide Checkbox to Select Items in Windows Vista and Later
- Download Official Microsoft Brilliant Black Skin for Windows Media Player
- [Fix] Windows XP Shows Error Message While Opening “User Accounts” in Control Panel