Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
PS: You can also try to repair icon cache as mentioned in point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Logon Editor: Advanced Login Screen Editor for Windows 7
- Download TwentyTen (Microsoft Office 2010 Inspired) Theme for Mozilla Firefox
- How to Disable Password Complexity Requirements in Windows Server 2003 and 2008?
- RK Launcher: One of The Best Free Dock Utility for Windows
- [Did You Know] Windows 8 Allows You to Remove “Favorites” from Windows Explorer Navigation Pane
- Things I Don’t Like in Mozilla Firefox 4.0