Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Force Mozilla Firefox In-line Spell Checker to Work in Textboxes and Web Forms?
- Extra Desktops: Free Utility to Get Multiple Virtual Desktops in Windows XP and Vista
- How to Fix Old Classic Context Menu Problem in Windows Vista and 7
- Create Direct Shortcut for “Advanced Power Settings” in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Change or Customize Start Menu Look-n-Feel in Windows XP?
- How to Pin “Network Connections” Shortcut to Windows 7 Taskbar?