How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Old Speed Dial Page and Move New Navigation Bar Back to Top in Opera?
- How to Change Context Menu Position from Left to Right in Windows Vista and Later?
- How to Enable New Animation in Mozilla Firefox Preferences / Options Window?
- Set Multiple Background Images on Windows 7 Login Screen Using Logon Screen Rotator
- [AIO] Ultimate Tutorial to Customize Desktop Context Menu in Windows
- [Fix] Can’t Change SmartScreen Filter Settings in Windows 8 and Later