How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
- Collection of Useful Stylish Scripts to Customize Mozilla Firefox UI
- vNext: Download Windows 8 Metro UI Inspired Rainmeter Skin Suite
- Download “Vista Seven” Theme for Windows Vista
- [FAQ] All About Rooting Android Mobile Phones and Tablets
- [Fix] Windows XP Shows Error Message While Opening “User Accounts” in Control Panel