Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Transform Windows XP into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack
- [Windows 8 Start Screen] How to Pin, Resize, Move, Close or Uninstall App Tiles?
- Default Programs Editor: Yet Another Free Alternative to Windows Default File Type Option
- Simple Trick to Replace Default Built-in “Flower” Profile Picture for All User Accounts in Windows
- Download Norton 360 Security Suite 6.0 Beta Version FREE
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?