How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows Media Player 12: Bug or Feature?
- [Guide] How to Reinstall All Default Built-in Apps in Windows 10
- TrueTransparency: Another Freeware to Get Aero Glass with Blur and Reflection in Windows XP
- [Solution] Windows Vista Data Execution Prevention (DEP) Crashing Mozilla Firefox
- Add “Power Options” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- [Software Update] Google Chrome 57 Stable Release Now Available for Download