Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Tuneup Utilities: A Complete Windows Tweaking and Customization Software
- Transform Windows XP into Windows Vista without using Customization Pack
- SystemTray Recycler: Put Recycle Bin in Windows System Tray aka Taskbar Notification Area
- How to Remove “Gadgets” Option from Windows 7 Desktop Context Menu?
- Download Windows 8 Start Screen Full for Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Watch Full Bollywood Blockbuster Movies Online For Free on YouTube and Yahoo! MoviePlex