Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Repair Your Bricked Nokia Mobile Phone Using Official Software Recovery Tool
- Download “Windows 7″ Theme for Sony Ericsson k700, w810 & Other Mobile Phones
- Has Microsoft Removed Show Desktop Shortcut in Windows 7 and Later?
- [Fix] Can’t Change Volume Level on HD Channels in Tata Sky DTH
- [Fix] “Network Connections” Folder is Empty in Windows, Not Showing Network Adapters List
- Unlocker: Download Free File Unlocking Utility for Windows