How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Switch between Stable, Beta and Developer Preview Channels in Google Chrome?
- SystemTray Recycler: Put Recycle Bin in Windows System Tray aka Taskbar Notification Area
- Download and Install Latest Virus Definition Updates Offline in Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE)
- Resource Tuner: Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker
- How to Always Start Your Favorite Web Browser in Private Browsing Mode By Default?
- [Registry Method] How to Prevent Themes to Change Desktop Icons & Mouse Pointers in Windows 7 and Later?