Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
PS: You can also try to repair icon cache as mentioned in point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Create Shortcuts to Themes, Desktop Background, Screen Saver, Display Settings and More
- Valve’s SteamOS Beta Available for Download
- How to Disable Warning Message While Unchecking “Hide Protected Operating System Files” Option in Folder Options
- Add Event Sound to Mozilla Firefox Using PopupSound Extension
- Aomei Partition Assistant: Download Free Hard Disk Partition Manager Software for Windows
- Remove Product Key and Reset License Information of Microsoft Office Using Office Key Remover