How to Fix Corrupt Drive Icons Problem in My Computer Window?
Many times we face a strange problem in Windows. When we open My Computer, one or more drives show some other icons instead of the default drive icons.
It happens when we accidentally change the drive icons using some tweaking software. Sometimes its done by virus.
Don't worry. There is a very simple and small method to fix this problem and you can restore the default drive icons.
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now go to:
2. Under this key, you'll see a key "DriveIcons". Delete it and log off or restart your Windows.
3. It'll solve the problem and you'll get back default drive icons in My Computer.
NOTE: You can also try the solution given in point 3 and point 19 in following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Change Power Button Action in Windows Vista to Shut Down the System instead of Sleep?
- Download Windows Phone 7 “Mango” and XBox Inspired Themes for Windows 7
- Anolis Resourcer: Yet Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker
- Windows 10 November Update (Version 1511) Changelog
- Microsoft Announces Windows 10 Anniversary Update (Redstone) Coming on August 2
- Comparison between Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome Web Browsers