Today we are sharing solution of a very common and annoying problem in Windows. Many times when you select "Copy to folder" or "Move to folder" command from Edit menu or by right-click on a file/folder, the "Copy Items" or "Move Items" dialog box is not displayed properly on the screen. It opens partially off the screen and you need to drag the dialog box up to show it properly.
As you can see in above screenshot, the dialog box is not showing properly.
Actually it happens when you resize the dialog box and its registry setting gets corrupted. The problem can be fixed easily using a simple registry trick as mentioned below:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, you'll see following 2 DWORD values:
Browse For Folder Height
Browse For Folder Width
4. Delete both DWORD values and exit Registry Editor.
5. That's it. Now "Copy Items" and "Move Items" dialog box will be shown properly on screen in their default size.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script to fix the problem automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Hidden Features (Music, Podcasts, Smart DJ and Social) in Zune Software?
- Download Leopard Skin for RK Launcher Dock Utility
- Personas: New Easy to Install & Easy to Use Skins for Mozilla Firefox
- [Solution] How to Disable Menubar in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Explorer?
- How to Enable True Aero Glass Transparency with Blur and Reflection in Windows 8 and 8.1?
- How to Remove “Favorites” from Windows 7 Explorer Navigation Pane?