How to Fix “Copy Items” & “Move Items” Dialog Box Cut-Off Problem in Windows?
Today we are sharing solution of a very common and annoying problem in Windows. Many times when you select "Copy to folder" or "Move to folder" command from Edit menu or by right-click on a file/folder, the "Copy Items" or "Move Items" dialog box is not displayed properly on the screen. It opens partially off the screen and you need to drag the dialog box up to show it properly.
As you can see in above screenshot, the dialog box is not showing properly.
Actually it happens when you resize the dialog box and its registry setting gets corrupted. The problem can be fixed easily using a simple registry trick as mentioned below:
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, you'll see following 2 DWORD values:
Browse For Folder Height
Browse For Folder Width
4. Delete both DWORD values and exit Registry Editor.
5. That's it. Now "Copy Items" and "Move Items" dialog box will be shown properly on screen in their default size.
PS: If you want a ready-made registry script to fix the problem automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the .REG file. It'll ask for confirmation, accept it:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Tip] Remove “Scan with Windows Defender” Option from Context Menu in Windows 10
- Windows 10 Bug Breaks Lock Screen Slide Show Feature
- [Opera Tip] Disable Automatic Detection and Removal of Duplicate Bookmarks
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 7? Check Yourself Using Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor
- How to Disable Hot Corners (Charms Bar, Start Screen Thumbnail, App Switch List) in Windows 8?
- Transform Windows Vista into Windows 7 without using Customization Pack