How to Enable Smooth Scrolling Feature in Google Chrome?
"Smooth Scrolling" is a very useful feature and can be found in almost all popular web browsers such as Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, etc. Smooth Scrolling slides down the web page smoothly and helps you in reading a long web page easily. Without smooth scrolling, the browser directly jumps down one page and doesn't look good.
Surprisingly, one of the most popular and widely used web browser "Google Chrome" doesn't come with this basic feature. But did you know there is a hidden setting to enable this useful feature?
Today in this tutorial, we are going to share a small and easy to use trick which can be used to enable smooth scrolling feature in Google Chrome web browser. Thanks to our reader "TheAslan" for sharing this trick.
If you are a Google Chrome user and want to enable this feature, check out following simple steps:
1. Open Google Chrome, type chrome://flags or about:flags in addressbar and press Enter. It'll open a secret configuration page of Google Chrome as mentioned here. It's quite similar to Mozilla Firefox's about:config page. It lets you enable or disable many hidden and experimental features in Google Chrome.
2. Scroll down a little until you see "Smooth Scrolling" option. It would be disabled by default.
3. Click on "Enable" link given under the option and then click on "Relaunch Now" button as shown in following screenshot:
4. That's it. It'll restart the web browser and you'll be able to enjoy smooth scrolling in Google Chrome.
NOTE: If you can't enable the above mentioned option, try to set "Accelerated overflow scroll" option to Enabled.
PS: There are many more hidden and interesting tweaks available in chrome://flags page, check them out.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Windows 8 Upgrade Paths] How to Upgrade from Windows XP, Vista, 7 to Windows 8?
- Stopper: How to Prevent / Restrict Users from Cut, Copy, Paste and Delete Operations in Windows?
- How to Fix “Cannot Open AVI Error” While Updating Spybot S&D or Spyware Doctor?
- Add “Show / Hide Hidden Files” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows
- Create New Yahoo! E-Mail ID at YMail.com and RocketMail.com Domains for Free
- Create Portable Version of “FeedDemon” RSS Reader for USB Drives