How to Enable Secret “Middle Click to Paste Clipboard Content” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
After sharing how to enable secret click and hold context menu feature and secret instant apply preferences feature in Mozilla Firefox browser, now its turn of a cool hidden feature for users who have mouse with scroll wheel.
Did you know Mozilla Firefox comes with a hidden feature which is disabled by default but is very useful for mouse users? We'll call this feature as "Middle Mouse Paste".
Using this feature, you can paste the text from clipboard in a textfield in Firefox window using a simple middle-button click. Suppose you copied AskVG.com text from a webpage or file, using this hidden feature you can simply middle-click in Firefox addressbar or any textfield and the text will be pasted immediately.
To enable this secret feature, you just need to follow these simple steps:
1. Open Firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type paste in the Filter box and look for following boolean key:
3. The entry "middlemouse.paste" would be set to false. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to true.
4. That's it. Now you can middle-click in any textfield or addressbar, searchbox of Firefox to paste clipboard content.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Live Movie Maker Final Version
- Google Launches Games in Google+, Now Play Free Games Using Your Google+ Account
- Download Angry Birds Boot Screen for Windows XP
- Download Awesome “Nyan Cat” Progress Bar Utility for Windows 7
- Make Your Linux Desktop Look-Like Mac OS X Leopard Using Transformation Packs
- How to Remove “Branding Logo” and “Ease of Access” (Accessibility) Button from Windows Vista and 7 Login Screens?