How to Enable or Disable Use of Camera App on Windows 8.1 Lock Screen?
Windows 8.1 comes with many new features and improvements such as direct boot to Desktop, ability to disable hot corners, more customization options for Start Screen, new metro apps, new touch gestures and much more.
Along with the above mentioned changes and feature, Windows 8.1 also comes with many improvements for Lock Screen such as ability to set images slide show as Lock Screen background.
Today in this topic, we are going to share yet another interesting and new feature of Lock Screen introduced in Windows 8.1. Microsoft has added a new option in Windows 8.1 to access Camera app directly from Lock Screen without log into your user account.
If you enable this option, you can use your laptop, tablet or PC Camera to take photos or create videos without sign into Windows. You just need to swipe down (on touch enabled devices) or click and drag the Lock Screen background image to bottom (on laptops and Desktops) to launch Camera app. Its a nice addition to Windows 8.1.
If you want to enable access to Camera app on Windows 8.1 Lock Screen, check out following simple steps:
1. Move your mouse cursor to top-right or bottom-right corner of screen to access Charms Bar and click on Settings option.
2. Now click on "Change PC settings" option given at the bottom.
3. It'll open Metro Control Panel or PC Settings page. Click on "Lock Screen" thumbnail present in "Top settings" section. You can also open it by going to "PC & devices -> Lock screen".
4. Now scroll down to bottom and you'll see "Camera" section containing following text information:
You can swipe down on the lock screen to use the camera while your PC is locked.
An option "Use camera from the lock screen" is given which is set to "Off" by default which means Camera access is restricted on Lock Screen and you can't use it on Lock Screen.
If you want to enable use of Camera on Lock Screen, set the option to "On".
If the option is already set to "On" and if you want to restrict Camera access on Lock Screen, set it to "Off".
5. That's it. Now whenever you are on Lock Screen, swipe down or click and drag the Lock Screen background to bottom and you'll be able to use Camera app.
Some Important Information about Use of Camera App on Lock Screen
You can take a photo or create videos using the Camera app on Lock Screen. Two buttons are given in right-side to take photo or create video using your PC camera.
The Camera app also allows you to adjust "Exposure" and set automatic timer of 3 seconds or 10 seconds.
Once you take a photo or create a video, you can check it or delete it by clicking on "Camera roll" option given at the bottom panel.
You might be wondering where are all these images and video clips stored on your hard drive? All these items are stored in "Pictures -> Camera Roll" folder of your user account which also contains screenshots taken using "Win+PrtScn" hotkey as mentioned here.
Posted in: Windows 8 / 8.1
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Missing Hibernate Option in Windows Start Menu?
- How to Disable Window Border Blur in Windows 7?
- Download Microsoft Office 2003 Look-Like Kingsoft Office Suite
- Download Royale Blue, Luna and Zune Remix Themes for Windows 7
- Free Opener: Free Utility to Open 70+ Popular File Formats
- Snow Leopard Startup Animation and Login Screen for Windows Vista