How to Enable / Disable Animations in Copy / Move / Delete Dialog Box in Windows Vista and Later?
In Windows Vista and later, whenever you copy, move or delete a file or folder, the progress dialog box shows an animated AVI as well as a cool animation in the progressbar as shown in following screenshot:
Sometimes you might face a problem when the dialog box doesn't show the AVI and the animation in progressbar which looks like shown in following screenshot:
If you are also facing this problem and want to enable the animation in progress dialog box, then follow this simple and small tutorial and your problem will be fixed:
1. Right-click on My Computer icon on Desktop and select Properties (or press <WIN> + <Pause/Break> key), click on Advanced system settings link in left side pane (You can also open it by typing sysdm.cpl in RUN or start menu search box and press Enter). Now click on Settings button in Performance section.
2. It'll open another window. Now make sure "Animate controls and elements inside windows" option is enabled. If its not enabled, enable it and click on "Apply" button.
3. That's it. It should solve your problem and you should be able to see the animations in progress dialog box.
NOTE: If you want to disable the animation intentionally, then just disable the above mentioned option and the animations will be disabled in progress dialog box.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Simple Trick to Replace Default Built-in “Flower” Profile Picture for All User Accounts in Windows
- [Solution] Favorite Links is Empty in Windows Vista Explorer Navigation Pane
- [Guide] What does IA64 or Itanium-Based System Mean? Is It Different from x64 (64-Bit)?
- How to Get Good Old 3D Pinball Game, InkBall, Hold ‘Em, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Calendar and ClipBook Viewer in Windows 7?
- [Fix] “This Connection is Untrusted” Problem with Google and Other HTTPS Websites in Mozilla Firefox
- How to Enable Good Old Windows Vista and 7 Style Start Menu and Disable Metro UI in Windows 8 Developer Preview?