You all know that we here at AskVG use Mozilla Firefox as default web browser and currently we are using the latest Nightly build of Mozilla Firefox which works extremely well for us and never crashes.
We regularly post about new additions and changes which are included in latest Nightly build in following topic:
Today in this separate topic, we are going to share a secret way to enable a brand new "New Tab" page in Mozilla Firefox Nightly build. We have not tested it with other Firefox versions but we hardly think it would work in previous versions.
This secret method will enable a redesigned "New Tab" page in Firefox which looks similar to Google Chrome new tab page. This new tab page shows a 3x3 grid of your frequently visited websites.
As you can see in the above screenshot, you can remove a particular website link from the new tab page if you want. You can also pin a website link to new tab page so that it doesn't get replaced by other website links.
There is also a small reset button given at the top-right corner of new tab page to restore all website links in new tab page.
To enable this new tab page, you just need to follow these simple steps:
1. Open Mozilla Firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type newtab in the Filter box and you'll see followingpreferences:
3. The preference browser.newtab.url would be set to about:blank. Double-click on browser.newtab.url and set its value to about:newtab
4. browser.newtabpage.enabled would be set to false. Double-click on browser.newtabpage.enabled and it'll automatically set it to true.
5. That's it. Close Mozilla Firefox window and re-open it and get ready to enjoy new tab page.
PS: If you want to restore default new tab page, right-click on both preferences and select Reset option.
Thanks to our reader "TheAslan" for sharing it...
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Mount and Access System Restore Points in Windows Using System Restore Explorer
- Download Windows Live Movie Maker Final Version
- Windows Explorer Always Opens in Libraries View in Windows 7, How to Change Target Folder?
- BExplorer (Better Explorer): Windows 8 Look-Like Explorer with Ribbon UI for Windows 7
- How to Remove “Send Feedback” Link in Windows 7 Beta?
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 7? Check Yourself Using Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor