How to Enable Hidden Secret “Add-ins” Tab in Windows Live Messenger Options Dialog Box?
UPDATE: This method no longer works in newer versions.
Almost all of use use Windows Live Messenger to chat with our friends, family members and others but did you know there is an extra hidden tab in Windows Live Messenger Option dialog box?
When you open Windows Live Messenger's Options window to customize settings, you get various tabs such as General, Alerts, Security, etc. But there is also a secret tab called "Add-ins" that is hidden by default. But there is a registry tweak available to enable it.
Following is a screenshot showing this hidden secret tab:
If you want to enable this hidden "Add-ins" tab in Windows Live Messenger's Options window, here is a step-by-step tutorial to enable it:
1. Type regedit in RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor, now go to:
2. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD "AddInFeatureEnabled" and set its value to 1
3. That's it. Now open Windows Live Messenger and go to "Tools -> Options" and you'll see the new tab "Add-ins".
I wonder why did Microsoft disable it? Any ideas?
Posted in: Gadgets & Internet
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Awesome Windows 8 Metro Theme for KMPlayer
- Recuva: Download One of the Best Free Data Recovery Software for Windows
- How to Disable or Customize “Backspace Key” in Mozilla Firefox?
- Resource Hacker 4.2.0 Now Available for Download
- [Review] Microsoft Edge (or Spartan) Web Browser in Windows 10
- How to Enable Options to Customize Windows Logon, Logoff, Exit and Unlock Sounds in Windows 8?