If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- TZUtil: Hidden Secret Command Line Utility to Change Time Zone in Windows 7
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows Vista, Download Vista Theme for Windows 7
- Download Yet Another Free Windows 7 Theme for WinRAR Archiver
- Windows 7 RC Build 7100 Released to Public, Download NOW
- How to Restore Missing “New” Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows?
- Download Dark Basic Theme for Windows 7