If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Guide] How to Restore “TrustedInstaller” as Default Owner of a File, Folder or Registry Key in Windows?
- [Guide] How to Close Metro Apps Permanently in Windows 8.1?
- How to Disable Aero Glass Transparency in Windows 8/8.1 Taskbar?
- [Fix] Windows Vista/7 No Longer Start After Installing Windows XP in Dual Boot System
- How to Force Mozilla Firefox In-line Spell Checker to Work in Textboxes and Web Forms?
- How to Make Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Look-Like Firefox 3.0?