How to Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Tab Preview Thumbnails in Mozilla Firefox?
If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- A Complete Guide for Tweaking User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista and Later
- Customize Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Library Background Image in Windows 7
- Download Avira Secure Web Browser for PC
- How to Restore “Close Multiple Tabs” Warning Message (Confirmation Prompt) in Internet Explorer?
- Hidden Secret Dialog Box Found in IE9 to Upgrade to IE10
- How to Disable Charms Bar Hint in Windows 8?