If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Resource Tuner: Another Resource Editor Just Like Resource Hacker
- Xmarks Bookmark Sync: Must Have Extension for All Web Browsers
- Explorer7Fixes: Enable Sort Header (Column Header) in All File View Modes in Windows 7 Explorer
- Make Windows 8 Start Screen Transparent, Change Background Image and Number of Rows of Tiles
- How to Quickly Clear or Disable “Recently Opened Programs” List in Start Menu in Windows Vista and 7?
- How to Remove New Orange Button from Titlebar and Get Old Menu Bar Back in Mozilla Firefox?