If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows Vista and Later
- Download Royale Blue, Luna and Zune Remix Themes for Windows 7
- Microsoft Shares Tips and Hotkeys to Make Windows 7 Faster, Secure and Easier to Use
- How to Change or Customize Start Button Text in Windows Using Resource Hacker?
- 8 Start: Enjoy Windows 8 Start Screen Style Homepage with Live Tiles in Web Browsers
- CoolNovo (Formerly ChromePlus): New Advanced Web Browser Similar to Google Chrome