If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows XP “Royale Blue” Theme “Vista Blue Refresh” for Windows Vista
- Win+X Menu Editor: Freeware to Tweak and Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8
- Customize Windows Vista and 7 Media Center Using Media Center Studio
- How to Download Movies Subtitles Automatically Using Media Player Classic?
- Mozilla Introduces New “Online Installer” (Stub Installer) for Firefox Web Browser
- How to Create Your Own Yahoo! Messenger Skins Without Using 3rd Party Software?