How to Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Tab Preview Thumbnails in Mozilla Firefox?
If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Border Skin, ViStart Skin and Common Tasks for Windows XP
- Add “Show / Hide Checkbox” to Select Items Option in Desktop and Explorer Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later
- How to Uninstall New Versions of Internet Explorer Web Browser in Windows?
- [Fix] “There was a Problem Sending the Command to the Program” Error Message in Windows
- How to Disable or Change Background Image of Windows 10 Login Screen
- Roadkil Unstoppable Copier: Copy Your Important Data from Physically Damaged Disks