If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Get Windows Vista and 7’s “Copy as Path” Option in Windows XP Context Menu?
- How to Access Additional Hidden Regional Wallpapers in Windows 7?
- How to Change or Customize Start Button Text in Windows Using Resource Hacker?
- Download “K-Lite Mega Codec Pack” or “Media Player Classic” to Play All Popular Media Files in Windows
- How to Download or Order Windows 8 Setup DVD Online?
- Make Your Linux Desktop Look-Like Windows 7 Using Transformation Packs