How to Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Tab Preview Thumbnails in Mozilla Firefox?
If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Auslogics Registry Cleaner: A Free Windows Registry Maintenance Tool
- [Tip] Reduce Mozilla Firefox Loading Time by Disabling Hardware Acceleration Feature
- 15 Things To Do After Installing Windows 7
- How to Extract Original (Default) System Files from Windows Setup Disc?
- Selection Search: Free Extension for Google Chrome to Search for Selected Text in Webpages
- Ultimate Guide for Customizing Windows 7 System Properties