If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Windows 7 Services Configuration: Turn Off / Disable Background Services to Improve System Performance
- How to Change Context Menu Position from Left to Right in Windows Vista and Later?
- Is Your PC Ready for Windows 8? Check Yourself Using Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant
- How to Enable / Disable New Welcome Screen, Log Off and Shut Down Dialog Box in Windows XP?
- [All About Mozilla Firefox] Get Good Old Things Back, Customize New Things and Reveal Hidden Secret Stuff
- How to Enable Folder Merge Conflict Message in Windows 8 Explorer?