If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Options to Customize Windows Logon, Logoff, Exit and Unlock Sounds in Windows 8?
- Create Portable Version of “FeedDemon” RSS Feed Reader for USB Drives
- How to Instant Apply Preferences in Mozilla Firefox Without Closing Options Window?
- How to Disable Automatic Image Resizing in Mozilla Firefox?
- Windows 7 Logon Changer: Advanced Tool to Customize Windows 7 Login Screen
- Vistalizator: Change Display Language in All Windows Vista and 7 Editions