How to Disable Windows 7 Taskbar Tab Preview Thumbnails in Mozilla Firefox?
If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Mozilla Firefox Closes When You Close the Last Tab
- Is Windows Vista SP3 Coming? List of All Updates and Hotfixes Ready for SP3 Inside
- How to Change Lock Screen Background Image in Windows 8 and Later
- Microsoft Announced Windows 7 Pricing and Upgrade Program Details
- Windows 8 UI Bug Causes Windows XP Style Classic Balloon Notifications in Taskbar
- Download Microsoft Office 2013 Free Customer Preview