If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Modify or Disable ScanDisk Timeout Value on Windows Startup?
- [Fix] Windows 8 Not Available for Download or Purchase in Your Country or Region
- How to Pin a Folder or Drive Directly to Windows 7 Taskbar?
- Change DNS Settings on the Fly Using DNS Jumper
- ViCon Remastered: Get Windows Vista and 7′s Desktop Icon Mouse Hover Effect in Windows XP
- How to Use Windows Vista and Windows 7 for One Year Without Activation?