If you are using recently released Mozilla Firefox 3.6 or 4.0 version, you might have noticed that it supports Taskbar preview thumbnails for each tab in Windows 7, i.e. Firefox shows preview thumbnails for each tab when you hover mouse cursor over its taskbar button as shown in following screenshot:
Some of our readers found it annoying and want to disable this new functionality. So here we are giving step by step procedure to disable Taskbar tab previews in Mozilla Firefox:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type taskbar in the Filter box. It'll show following entries:
3. The entry "browser.taskbar.previews.enable" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox will no longer show preview thumbnails for each tab in Taskbar.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Official Links to Download “Windows Essentials 2012 (Wave 5)” Full Standalone Offline Installer
- Download Microsoft Office 2007 Service Pack 3 (SP3)
- How to Restore Missing Search Option in Windows Vista Start Menu After Installing SP1?
- [BUG] Windows Live Mail Compose Window Doesn’t Allow Entering Recipient Names
- How to Check Which Version of Microsoft .NET Framework is Installed in Windows?
- What is the Use of USB Port in Tata Sky, Airtel, Videocon and Other DTH Set Top Box?