How to Disable Warning Message While Unchecking “Hide Protected Operating System Files” Option in Folder Options
When you try to uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files (Recommended)" Option in Folder Options in Windows OS, you get a warning message asking for confirmation as shown in following screenshot:
It becomes quite annoying if you frequently enable/disable this option.
Today in this tutorial, we'll tell you how to completely remove this warning message so that you can enable/disable the option without getting the irritating warning message window.
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to:
3. In right-side pane, delete String value "WarningIfNotDefault".
That's it. Now you'll not receive the warning message.
PS. If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, download following ZIP file, extract it and run the desired REG file:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows Media Player Plug-in for Mozilla Firefox
- How to Get Windows Media Player (WMP) 12 Taskbar Toolbar (Taskband) Back in Windows 7 and Later?
- Resource Hacker 4.2.0 Now Available for Download
- [Windows 10 Tip] Add, Remove, Rename or Change Shortcuts on the Bottom-Left of Start Menu
- [Did You Know] Ultimate List of Windows 7 Bugs and Goof-ups
- Simple Trick to Replace Default Built-in “Flower” Profile Picture for All User Accounts in Windows