How to Disable “Open New Tab After Current Tab” Feature in Mozilla Firefox?
Just like others I have also started using new Mozilla Firefox 3.6 Beta 2 version. Its fast and provides some new features. But one thing which I found annoying is, it opens new tab just after the current tab. Previous Firefox versions used to open new tab at last but this new beta version opens new tab near the current tab (parent tab).
Although its a good feature but I'm used to old functionality and decided to turn this feature off but I couldn't find any related option in Firefox preferences window.
After digging into "about:config" list, I found the solution which is given below:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type related in the Filter box and look for following boolean key:
3. The entry "browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent" would be set to true. Double-click on it or right-click on it and select "Toggle". It'll set its value to false.
4. That's it. Now Firefox 3.6 beta will no longer open new tabs after current tab.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Ultimate List of All Kinds of User Restrictions for Windows
- How to Import / Export (Backup / Restore) Tasks Using Task Scheduler in Windows?
- Hidden Secret Dialog Box Found in IE9 to Upgrade to IE10
- How to Fix Old Classic Context Menu Problem in Windows Vista and 7
- [Tips] 10 Cool Features of Samsung Galaxy Smartphones to Show Off
- How to Turn Off Taskbar Thumbnail Live Previews in Windows 7