How to Disable Mozilla Crash Reporter aka “Breakpad” in Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey
"Breakpad" is a new crash reporting system from Mozilla which is a core part of Mozilla Firefox, Thunderbird and SeaMonkey programs. It was developed to replace the old "Quality Feedback Agent" aka "Talkback" present in older versions.
Whenever any of these 3 Mozilla products crashes, Mozilla crash reporter shows a window asking you to send the crash report to Mozilla servers and allows you to quit or restart the application:
There was an option to disable "Quality Feedback Agent" aka Talkback in earlier versions but Mozilla didn't provide any option to disable this new crash reporter "Breakpad".
If you want to disable this crash reporter, you can do it by simply editing an INI file:
1. Open My computer and go to the installation directory of the application:
Mozilla Firefox: %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox
Thunderbird: %programfiles%\Mozilla Thunderbird
Here "%programfiles%" stands for "C:\Program Files" folder. Replace C: with your system drive letter where Windows is installed.
2. Now look for "application.ini" file and open it in Wordpad.
3. At the end of the file, you'll see following lines:
4. Simply change the value of Enabled to 0 as following:
5. Save the file and now you'll no longer see the Crash reporter window.
In newer Firefox versions, you can disable Crash Reporter using Firefox Preferences or Options window. Just open Firefox Options, go to Advanced section, click on Data Choices tab and then uncheck "Enable Crash Reporter" option.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Force Microsoft Internet Explorer to Always Use Google Chrome Frame to Open URLs
- Download Windows Media Player 12 (WMP12) Skin for Winamp
- Get Windows 8 Look-Like Metro Task Manager in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Download Windows 10 Official 4K Wallpaper
- How to Reset Airtel Digital TV (ADTV), Tata Sky DTH and Videocon D2H Universal Remote to Factory Settings?
- How to Enable “Open Command Window Here” Option in Context Menu in Windows Vista and Later