"Hardware Acceleration" (GPU Rendering) is the most interesting and important feature of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9). It was introduced to increase performance of the web browser but some IE users face font related problem in the browser. The text in Internet Explorer doesn't look well for some people so they want to disable this new hardware acceleration feature.
If you also want to disable Hardware Acceleration in IE9 or newer versions, following trick will help you:
1. Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools icon and select "Internet Options".
2. Now go to "Advanced" tab and enable "Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering" option.
3. Click on Apply button and restart the browser.
That's it. It'll completely turn hardware acceleration feature off in Internet Explorer and you'll not face any blurred or hard to read font problem in the browser.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows XP SP3, Vista SP1 and 7 Features Comparison Chart
- Add Windows XP Style Classic System Properties Shortcut in My Computer Context Menu in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Change or Customize Windows 7 Boot Screen Using Windows 7 Boot Updater
- Hidden Secret Trick to Enable / Activate “Aero Glass” in Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme
- Download Windows 8 RTM Metro Theme for Mozilla Firefox
- [Windows 8 Review] What’s New in Windows 8 RTM Version?