How to Disable Aero Snap Feature in Windows 7 and Later?
Recently we posted 2 tutorials for disabling "Aero Shake" and "Aero Peek" features in Windows 7:
And today, we'll learn how to disable "Aero Snap" feature in Windows 7.
"Aero Snap" lets you minimize, maximize or resize programs windows by dragging-n-dropping them to the screen corners e.g. you can maximize a window by dragging-n-dropping it to the top of screen.
If you want to disable "Aero Snap" in Windows 7, you can follow these simple steps:
Method 1: Using Ease of Access Center
1. Open Control Panel and click on "Ease of Access Center" icon.
2. Now click on "Make it easier to focus on tasks" link present at the end.
3. Now enable "Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen" option given at last and click on Apply button.
4. That's it. It'll disable "Aero Snap" feature in Windows 7.
Method 2: Using Registry Editor
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to following key:
3. In right-side pane, set value of WindowArrangementActive string to 0
4. Restart or log off your system and Aero Snap will be disabled.
If you want to enable Aero Snap feature again in future, set value of WindowArrangementActive string to 1.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Norton Antivirus 2013, Norton Internet Security 2013 and Norton 360 2013 Free Public Beta Versions
- Download Windows Vista Skin “Y! Vista Reloaded” for Yahoo! Messenger
- [Windows Tip] How to Disable Built-in Spell Checker Feature (Autocorrect Words) in Internet Explorer
- Launchy: A Complete Replacement for Windows Start Menu, Taskbar, Desktop Icons and File Manager
- Download Avira Secure Web Browser for PC
- StarterDesktopSlideShow: Add Desktop Wallpaper Slide Show Feature to Windows 7 Starter Edition