If you are using Windows 7, you might be familiar with its new "Aero Shake" feature which lets you minimize all running windows except the one which you are currently working on using a simple mouse shake.
Its quite handy feature but if you by any chance don't like this new feature and want to disable it (as a few people requested in their e-mails), then this tutorial will help you.
First Method: Using Group Policy Editor
1. Type gpedit.msc in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Group Policy Editor.
2. Now navigate to:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Desktop
3. In right-side pane, double-click on "Turn off Aero Shake window minimizing mouse gesture" option and set its value to "Enabled".
4. That's it. It'll immediately disable Aero Shake in your system.
Second Method: Using Registry Editor
1. Type regedit in RUN or Start Menu Searchbox and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
2. Now go to:
3. Create a new key Explorer under Windows key so the new path would be:
4. Now select "Explorer" key and in right-side pane, create a new DWORD value NoWindowMinimizingShortcuts and set its value to 1
5. Restart or log off your system and Aero Shake will be disabled.
NOTE: If you want a ready-made registry script to do the task automatically, then download following ZIP file, extract it and then run "Disable Aero Shake.REG" file to disable Aero Shake feature. A restore script is also included in case you want to restore the default setting.
PS: If you want, you can enable Group Policy Editor in Windows 7 Home Basic and other editions using following tutorial:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable Secret “Click and Hold Context Menu” Option in Mozilla Firefox?
- Get Glass CMD (Command Prompt) in Windows Vista and 7
- Transform Windows 7 into Windows 8 Using “Windows 8 UX Pack 4.0″
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “Minesweeper” Game in Windows Vista and 7
- How to Restore About:Config Warning Message (Confirmation Prompt) in Mozilla Firefox?
- Microsoft Releases Hotfix to Fix Windows 7 Backup Utility Issue