Yesterday we told you about how to disable Aero Shake in Windows 7:
Now its turn of "Aero Peek" which has replaced the old "Show Desktop" button. It can be found as a small rectangle present at the end of Windows 7 taskbar. When you hover the mouse cursor over it, it allows you to peek behind all open windows by hiding all windows and showing only outlines of all windows.
You can follow this tutorial in case you want to disable "Aero Peek":
First Method: Using Taskbar Properties
The most easiest way to disable "Aero Peek" is using Taskbar Properties.
1. Right-click on Taskbar and select "Properties". Now uncheck the option "Use Aero Peek to preview the desktop".
2. Click on Apply button and it'll disable Aero Peek feature.
Second Method: Using System Properties
You can also disable "Aero Peek" from System Properties.
1. Right-click on Computer icon on Desktop and select Properties (or press WIN + Pause/Break keys). Now click on Advanced system settings link in left side pane (You can open it directly by giving sysdm.cpl command in RUN or start menu search box).
2. Now click on Settings button in Performance section.
3. Now uncheck "Enable Aero Peek" option.
4. Click on Apply button and it'll disable "Aero Peek" feature in Windows 7.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta) Theme for Windows 7
- Registry Tweak to Enable / Activate Aero Glass Theme in Windows Vista and Windows 7 Home Basic Editions
- Windows 7 Starter Edition 3 Applications Limit Removed
- Taskbar Pinner: Freeware to Pin Almost Anything to Windows 7 and Windows 8 Taskbar
- [Direct Download Link] Full Standalone Offline Installers of Microsoft Internet Explorer 10 (IE10) RTM
- Enable Hidden Secret “Debug” Menu in Microsoft “Minesweeper” Game in Windows Vista and 7