We know that Microsoft has removed Aero glass transparency from the new Windows 8 and later OS and currently there is no known way to get it back. Although there are bugs which can bring back broken transparency which is not stable.
Although Microsoft has removed Aero glass transparency but they didn't remove it from the Taskbar. In Windows 8 and later versions, the Taskbar is still transparent and many people don't like this behavior. It makes the whole user interface inconsistent. Either Windows should feature full Aero glass transparency everywhere or it should not feature it at all.
We have shared a tutorial in past which tells you how to enable hidden "Aero Lite" theme in Windows 8. This method helps you in making Windows 8 Taskbar opaque i.e. not transparent.
If you don't want to enable this hidden theme but you want to remove transparency from Windows 8 and later Taskbar, here is something interesting for you.
A new version of our favorite freeware "Classic Shell" has been released which comes with a new option to disable Aero glass transparency in Windows 8 and later Taskbar. It completely removes Taskbar transparency and makes it opaque.
If you want to turn off Aero glass transparency in Windows 8 and later Taskbar, check out following simple steps:
1. First you need to download and install Classic Shell in your computer:
2. After installing it, right-click on Start button and select Settings option. It'll open Classic Start Menu settings window.
3. Now go to "Start Button" tab and check "Disable taskbar transparency" option.
NOTE: If you can't find the option, it means you are using new version of Classic Shell. Click on "Show all settings" checkbox in Settings window and then you'll get the "Disable taskbar transparency" option in "Windows 8.1 Settings" tab.
4. That's it. Click on OK button and it'll immediately remove Taskbar transparency. If you want to make the Taskbar transparent again, uncheck the "Disable taskbar transparency" option and it'll restore default functionality.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- GClient: Download Free Desktop Client to Access Google+ Without Web Browser
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Free Beta
- Download FREE CustoPack Tools to Customize Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
- Ultimate Collection of Guides and Freeware to Tweak and Customize Windows 7 Login Screen
- How to Add Program Shortcuts and Other Useful Shortcuts with Icons in Desktop Context Menu in Windows 7 and Later?
- [Exclusive] Customize “Win+X” Menu in Windows 8 – Add, Remove, Rename or Move Shortcuts