We know that Microsoft has removed Aero glass transparency from the new Windows 8 OS and currently there is no known way to get it back. Although there are bugs which can bring back broken transparency which is not stable.
Although Microsoft has removed Aero glass transparency but they didn't remove it from the Taskbar. Windows 8 Taskbar is still transparent and many people don't like this behavior. It makes the whole user interface inconsistent. Either Windows 8 should feature full Aero glass transparency everywhere or it should not feature it at all.
We have shared a tutorial in past which tells you how to enable hidden "Aero Lite" theme in Windows 8. This method helps you in making Windows 8 Taskbar opaque i.e. not transparent.
If you don't want to enable this hidden theme but you want to remove transparency from Windows 8 Taskbar, here is something interesting for you.
A new version of our favorite freeware "Classic Shell" has been released which comes with a new option to disable Aero glass transparency in Windows 8 Taskbar. It completely removes Taskbar transparency and makes it opaque.
If you want to turn off Aero glass transparency in Windows 8 Taskbar, check out following simple steps:
1. First you need to download and install Classic Shell in your computer:
2. After installing it, right-click on Start button and select Settings option. It'll open Classic Start Menu settings window.
3. Now go to "Start Button" tab and check "Disable taskbar transparency" option.
4. That's it. Click on OK button and it'll immediately remove Taskbar transparency. If you want to make the Taskbar transparent again, uncheck the "Disable taskbar transparency" option and it'll restore default functionality.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Download Windows 8 Consumer Preview (Beta) Theme for Windows 7
- How to Re-Download Windows 8 Setup Without Purchasing it Again Using Upgrade Assistant?
- Download Simple Patch to Enable Aero Glass Transparency and Personalization Features in Windows 7 Home Basic and Starter Editions
- Fix Windows Store, Metro Apps and Microsoft Account Related Problems in Windows 8
- Will Windows 8 be a Good OS for Desktop PCs?
- How to Fix / Troubleshoot Various Taskbar Problems in Windows?