Mozilla Firefox latest version comes with lots of great improvements and new features. One of the new feature is redesigned addressbar aka Awesomebar.
The new addressbar shows a drop-down list of matching URLs as soon as you type something in addressbar. By default it shows 12 suggestions in drop-down list:
Some people might feel uncomfortable with this new feature and want to disable it. Some might want to increase / decrease the no. of suggestions in drop-down list.
So here is a simple and small tutorial for adjusting no. of suggestions in addressbar or to completly disable this new feature:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults in the Filter box. It'll show a single entry in the results window.
3. Now double-click on this entry or right-click on it and select "Modify". It'll open new dialog box asking to enter your desired integer.
4. You can enter any non-negative integer according to your requirement. We have used 6.
5. That's it. Now Firefox will show your desired no. of URL suggestions in addressbar next time you'll type something.
NOTE: To disable suggestions completely, set the value to 0.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Show Tabs Below Orange Button When Mozilla Firefox is Maximized?
- How to Change Email Storage Location in Windows Live Mail (WLM) Using Registry Editor?
- Fission: Firefox Add-on to Show Progressbar in Addressbar Similar to Safari or Opera
- [Tip] Reduce Mozilla Firefox Loading Time by Disabling Hardware Acceleration Feature
- Speed Up Windows 7 – Master Tutorial to Make Windows 7 Super Fast
- List of Windows XP System Files to be Customized Using Resource Hacker