Mozilla Firefox latest version comes with lots of great improvements and new features. One of the new feature is redesigned addressbar aka Awesomebar.
The new addressbar shows a drop-down list of matching URLs as soon as you type something in addressbar. By default it shows 12 suggestions in drop-down list:
Some people might feel uncomfortable with this new feature and want to disable it. Some might want to increase / decrease the no. of suggestions in drop-down list.
So here is a simple and small tutorial for adjusting no. of suggestions in addressbar or to completly disable this new feature:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults in the Filter box. It'll show a single entry in the results window.
3. Now double-click on this entry or right-click on it and select "Modify". It'll open new dialog box asking to enter your desired integer.
4. You can enter any non-negative integer according to your requirement. We have used 6.
5. That's it. Now Firefox will show your desired no. of URL suggestions in addressbar next time you'll type something.
NOTE: To disable suggestions completely, set the value to 0.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- [Fix] Can’t Change SmartScreen Filter Settings in Windows 8 and Later
- Download Windows 8 “Aero Lite” Theme for Windows 7
- How to Disable or Change a Key Action in Your Keyboard Using Sharp Keys?
- How to Add “Defragment” Option in Drive Context Menu in Windows XP, Vista and 7
- Get Good Old Classic Start Menu Back in Windows 7 Using CSMenu
- How to Adjust Taskbar Thumbnail Live Preview Delay Time in Windows 7