How to Disable / Adjust URL Suggestions in Addressbar of Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Firefox latest version comes with lots of great improvements and new features. One of the new feature is redesigned addressbar aka Awesomebar.
The new addressbar shows a drop-down list of matching URLs as soon as you type something in addressbar. By default it shows 12 suggestions in drop-down list:
Some people might feel uncomfortable with this new feature and want to disable it. Some might want to increase / decrease the no. of suggestions in drop-down list.
So here is a simple and small tutorial for adjusting no. of suggestions in addressbar or to completly disable this new feature:
1. Open firefox and type about:config in the addressbar and press Enter. It'll confirm, click on I'll be careful, I promise! button.
2. Now type browser.urlbar.maxRichResults in the Filter box. It'll show a single entry in the results window.
3. Now double-click on this entry or right-click on it and select "Modify". It'll open new dialog box asking to enter your desired integer.
4. You can enter any non-negative integer according to your requirement. We have used 6.
5. That's it. Now Firefox will show your desired no. of URL suggestions in addressbar next time you'll type something.
NOTE: To disable suggestions completely, set the value to 0.
Posted in: Mozilla Firefox
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Restore Missing “Desktop (create shortcut)” Item in Send To Menu in Windows?
- Add “Power Options” Cascading Menu in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- Customize Windows Vista and 7 Media Center Using Media Center Studio
- How to Pin a Folder or Drive Directly to Taskbar in Windows 7 and Later?
- [Tip] Add an Option to Toggle Aero Glass Frame On or Off in Google Chrome?
- Taskbar Drop Shadow: Add Cool Drop Shadow Effect to Windows Taskbar