How to Create Your Own Yahoo! Messenger Skins Without Using 3rd Party Software?
We have released a few Yahoo! Messenger skins in past which can be found in our "Yahoo! Messenger" section. Many people also want to create their own skins. So today we are going to tell you how to create Yahoo! Messenger skins?
1. Go to "%Programfiles%\Yahoo!\Shared\Graphics" folder. You'll see following 2 folders under it:
These folders contain the skins which you see in Yahoo! Messenger Skins List. So if you want to create your own skin, copy any of these 2 folders and paste it again, it'll create a new folder. Rename the folder to any name which you want to set as your skin's name.
2. Now open this new folder and you'll see lots of images there. You can customize those images according to your requirement.
3. To change the text color, text size, button locations, etc, you can use the XML file present in this folder. It's name would be skin_name.xml (e.g. indigo.xml, maverick.xml). You'll need to modify first few lines in this file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
SkinName="Y! Vista by Vishal Gupta"
You can change them to set your name and skin name.
4. That's it. Once you finish, you can apply the skin using Yahoo! Messenger.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove “Feedback” Button from Mozilla Firefox 4.0 Beta Toolbar?
- Download Windows 8 and Windows 10 Boot Screen for Windows XP
- Customizing “Screen Resolution”, “Gadgets” and “Personalize” Options in Windows 7 and Later Desktop Context Menu
- Master Security Lock Code for LG CDMA Fixed Wireless Phones (FWP)
- List of Best Free Online Virus Scanners
- Beginner’s Guide to Safely Configure / Disable Windows 7 Services