Create Portable Version of “FeedDemon” RSS Reader for USB Drives
"FeedDemon" is one of the best RSS reader for Windows. The interface is very easy to use and features are excellent.
Its free to use but you need to purchase a license if you want to remove a small ad showing at the bottom of its window.
If you regularly read your favorite website's RSS feed in FeedDemon, you might be interested in creating a portable version of it which doesn't need to be installed and you can carry it in your USB drive.
Once you create the portable version of FeedDemon with the help of this tutorial, you'll enjoy following:
- You'll not need to install it in future
- You can put it on your USB drive to carry anywhere
- You can store it in any other drive and whenever you install fresh Windows, you'll not need to install FeedDemon again. Just run its EXE file and you are done.
- Since its portable, it also stores your license key (if you purchased it), so you don't need to register it every time.
- It also stores your account credentials and feeds, so you don't need to enter your credentials every time.
So without wasting any time, let's start the tutorial:
STEP 1. FeedDemon stores feed data in its cache, so first we'll need to move the cache location to our USB drive or any other partition.
Open FeeDemon and go to "File -> Manage Cache". Now click on "Change" button and select the desired location.
STEP 2. Now we'll need to take a backup of FeedDemon Settings. FeedDemon stores all its settings including license information in Windows Registry.
Type regedit in Start Menu search box or RUN dialog box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor. Now go to following key:
Right-click on "Bradbury" key and select "Export". Save the .REG file in your USB drive or any other partition.
STEP 3. At last copy the whole "FeedDemon" folder from "Program Files" to your USB drive or any other partition.
That's it. Now you can carry portable version of FeedDemon on your USB drive and whenever you want to use it in a new system, just run the .REG file first and then run "FeedDemon.exe" file. It'll immediately run and show all your feeds and you won't need to install it.
NOTE: If you want to remove traces of FeedDemon from a system, simply delete the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bradbury" from Registry.
PS: You can use the same tutorial to put FeedDemon in any other partition of your hard disk so that you don't need to install it again in case you format and re-install Windows.
NOTE: Its absolutely legal to create the portable version as far as you don't distribute it.
- Download Clean and Minimal Newspaper Skin for FeedDemon RSS Reader
- Create Portable Version of RocketDock for USB Drives
- [Tip] Create Portable Version of eM Client for USB Drives
- [Tip] Create Portable Version of Opera Browser and Opera Mail for USB Drives
Posted in: Software
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable / Activate Hidden Built-in Administrator Account in Windows?
- How to Get System Hardware Information and Monitor System Health in Windows?
- [Help & Support] Frequently Asked Problems (FAQ) with Solutions
- How to Fix File or Folder Rename Problem in Windows Vista?
- Add Customized Strings (OEM Information) in System Properties Dialog Box of Windows Vista and Later
- How to Enable / Disable Animations in Copy / Move / Delete Dialog Box in Windows Vista and Later?