How to Create New Customized Toolbars at Desktop in Windows Vista?
Lots of Windows Vista users complain about not able to create new toolbars at Desktop as they used to create in Windows XP. Actually this functionality has been removed by Microsoft from Windows Vista.
But don't worry. In this tutorial, we are going to tell you a very simple way to create your own Desktop toolbars (Deskbars) in Windows Vista as shown in following screenshot:
As you can see the new toolbar at Desktop looks and works similar to a dock utility. Just follow these simple steps to create your own Desktop toolbars in Vista:
1. If you have My Computer icon on Desktop, drag and drop it at top of screen and it'll automatically convert in a toolbar. You can also drag-n-drop it at left or right side of screen. Remember it'll not work if you try to drag-n-drop the icon to the screen corner which contains the Taskbar. So if you have Taskbar at bottom, you can only drag-n-drop the icon to top, left and right to create a Desktop toolbar.
2. Alternatively, you can also create a new folder on desktop and then drag-n-drop it. It'll also create a toolbar.
3. Now you can add more toolbars in this new toolbar by right-clicking on empty area on the toolbar and select "Toolbars" option.
4. You can also drag-n-drop icons in the toolbars to re-arrange them.
5. You can also change other settings like:
View -> Large Icons
View -> Small Icons
Always on Top
6. To close the toolbar, right-click on it and select "Close Toolbar". Or you can drag-n-drop it at desktop and then click on Close button.
Posted in: Windows Vista
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Enable / Disable “New -> Shortcut” Item in Windows Context Menu?
- Windows 8 Comes with 2 Flavors of Internet Explorer 10 (IE10): Metro Style App and Desktop App
- Why Microsoft Used the Name Windows 7? Explanation Inside
- Windows 10 Bug Breaks Lock Screen Slide Show Feature
- Download Windows Essentials 2012 (Wave 5) Full Standalone Offline Installers
- Google Launches Games in Google+, Now Play Free Games Using Your Google+ Account