How to Create Backup Image of Bootable USB Drives?
Most of us prefer creating bootable USB drives to install Windows or other OS. Use of a USB drive to install an OS saves time and you don't need to waste your CD/DVD. There are many freeware available to create bootable USB drives which are mentioned in following topic:
Although creation of bootable USB drive is an easy process but it requires some time. Sometimes you need to select files and other settings to create a bootable USB drive. Wouldn't it be great if you could create a backup image of your bootable USB drive and whenever you need it again, just restore the backup image again?
Also imagine another scenario. Recently Microsoft released Windows 8 RTM to public and you can purchase and download your copy using Upgrade Assistant. This tool downloads the setup files and then allows you to create a bootable USB drive to install Windows 8 in your system. Suppose you created the USB drive but you don't want to install Windows 8 immediately. After some time you need the USB drive for some other purpose. Now you can't format the drive because it'll delete Windows 8 setup files. So your USB drive will be useless for you until you install Windows 8 using it. And what if you format the drive after installing Windows 8 and in future you need to install Windows 8 again? How will you install it? Creating a backup image of Windows 8 bootable USB drive will save you again.
That's why today in this topic, we are going to share a free software which allows you to create a backup image of USB drives.
"USB Image Tool" is a freeware for Windows which can create images of your USB flash drives as well as MP3 players and also allows you to restore them later.
- Creates backup image files of USB flash drives
- Restores backup images to USB flash drives
- Supports compressed image file format
- Shows USB device information
- Manages favorite USB images
- Also provides command line utility
This free tool can be used to create backup images of almost all types of USB devices such as flash drives, card readers, digicams, cell phones and mobile music players.
Its a portable tool so you don't need to install it. Just download and run the program. Using the program is very easy. You can create the backup or restore the backup in a few clicks.
It can be used in Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. Both 32-bit and 64-bit editions are supported.
You can download it using following link:
Other similar articles that may interest you
- How to Remove Windows Vista Startup ORB Animation (aka Pearl Animation)?
- [Windows Utilities Launcher] Access Device Manager, Task Manager, Services Manager and Other Useful Tools in Windows
- [Guide] Things To Do After Installing Windows 8.1
- Download Realistic Fly, Ladybugs and Cockroaches for Your Desktop
- Download Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 14393 Offline ISO Files
- Beginner’s Guide to Safely Configure / Disable Windows 8 / 8.1 Services