How to Create a Fully Automatic Internet Connection in Windows?
Recently a visitor asked me how can he make his Internet connection automatic so that he doesn't need to double-click on the connection, enter credentials, click on Connect button, etc?
All of us use Internet and most of us want the same thing as the above mentioned guy asked. So here I'll tell you a detailed step-by-step method to make your existing or new Internet connection fully automatic. You'll not need to enter your user name and password again and again, you'll not need to click on "Connect" button each time.
1. When you double-click on the connection and click on "Connect", it starts connecting. But next time, when you start the connection, it doesn't save your credentials and shows a window with blank user name and password.
So when you enter your credentials, make sure you have enabled the checkbox "Save this user name and password for the following users". You can select "Me only" or "Anyone who uses this computer" acc. to your requirements.
Now it'll always save your credentials and you'll not need to enter them every time you start the connection.
2. Now lets move further. Even it saves your credentials, whenever you double-click on the connection, it still shows the dialog box containing your user name and password.
If you want to bypass this window and want the connection to immediately dial whenever you double-click on it, then click on "Properties" button and disable "Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc" option.
Now it'll not show the dialog box and will connect to Internet as soon as you double-click on it.
3. You can also create a shortcut to your Internet Connection on Desktop to quickly start it. Open Network Connections and right-click on your connection and select "Create Shortcut". It'll create a shortcut on Desktop.
You can rename it. You can also move it to "Quick Launch" toolbar.
4. If you want the connection to immediately start with Windows, then you can add this shortcut to Windows Startup.
Type "shell:startup" in RUN dialog box and press Enter. Now paste the shortcut in this folder. That's it. Now whenever you'll start Windows, the connection will start automatically and will connect to Internet.
So after following all the above mentioned steps, you'll come up with a fully automatic connection which will require nothing from you and will do the whole task automatically.
NOTE: If you want to change the user name or password in future, then open "Internet Options" from Internet Explorer or Control Panel and go to "Connections" tab. Select your connection in list and click on "Settings" button. Now you can change your user name or password.
Other similar articles that may interest you
- Create Portable Version of “FeedDemon” RSS Reader for USB Drives
- Windows 10 Release Date, Pricing Details and System Requirements
- How to Show/Hide “Get Add-ons” Tab in Mozilla Firefox Add-ons Window?
- Download RocketDock Skin to Get Windows 8 Charms Bar in Windows XP, Vista, 7
- New “Angry Birds Star Wars” Game Available for Download
- mDesktop: Free Lightweight Utility to Create Multiple Virtual Desktops in Windows